Sidelinker

  • Glenwood Webber
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 1999
      Hello everyone. I have a John Sidelinker b abt 1790, lived in Dixmont, ME m
      Abigail b abt 1796. Their daught Alphie b 1831 m Jonathan Knights b abt 1826
      in Poland, ME.. Anyone have anything on the ancestry of these people? Could
      the name have been Sidelinger at one time?

      Glen
    • Lynn914@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 1999
        HI Glen,
        Thanks for writing. Yes the name Sidelinker was once Sidelinger until one of
        the family changed it.
        My husband's great grandmother was Nellie E. Sidelinker. Her father was Ira
        Sidelinker. Her mother was Matilda Whitcomb.
        Ira had a son named John but I don't have any information about him other
        than that.
        Do you know where John was buried?
        Ira, Matilda and their daughter Charlotte or Lottie were buried in one of the
        cemeteries on Route 9 in Newburgh ME. If John had been buried there I am sure
        I would have made a note of it.
        Ira had two other children: Osgood Fifield Sidelinker and Raymond Sidelinker.
        Osgood is buried in Veazie, Me on the RIver Road in died in 1952.
        Raymond died in Newburgh.
        I will ask my FIL about Sidelinkers being in Dixmont. I know there were
        GOULDs out that way. My husband's Nellie married a GOULD from Hamden.
        None of the Sidelinkers were very far apart.
        Someone on the list knows more about Osgood than me. His wife was Ada
        Mitchell.
        Maybe someone here can do a look up for you, Glen and then tell you more
        about your John.
        Take care,
        Lynn