Broad Bay Land Dispute ca 1760

  • charles brack
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 1999
      There was a land dispute that was settled in the 1760 period that involved
      some of the German settlers and others over land that was described as being
      at Broad Bay at Muscongus.

      I have German ancestry but am on the other side on this one. My ancestor.
      Hugh HOLMES, was one of the so-called "Pemaquid Heirs" and evidently lost
      land in the dispute. I would imagine the case went to trial somewhere.

      I feel that if I can find any information on the subject it might help me
      extend Hugh's ancestry.

      Any suggestions appreciated,

      thanks, Charles