Hi Everyone

  • Lynn914@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 1999
      Time for a quick check in. We have 24 members now. If anyone has any queries
      to make or things to share, please feel free to post.
      Thanks,

      Lynn
    • NStrands@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 1999
        Hello to everyone,
        I am researching ancestor Johann Jacob JUNG/YOUNG, baptized 27 Nov 1740 in
        Ingoldsheim, Alsace, and came to Waldoboro with his parents in about 1751
        (Johann Jacob JUNG and Anna DORENDINGER). Jacob's brother Jean Michael JUNG
        was converted by the Moravian missionaries and joined them at Lititz, PA.
        Jacob married Rachel FERGUSON 04 Jan 1763 in Marblehead, Essex Co., Mass. -
        and what was he doing there? He was a Loyalist during the Revolution, served
        in the King's Orange Rangers and was granted land at St. Andrews, Charlotte
        Co., New Brunswick in 1785. He's buried in a Church of England cemetery at
        St. David, Charlotte Co., NB. I have some more information about him and his
        ancestors and descendants but am always looking for more and better sources,
        and ways to fill in a bit more about who he really was - were the majority of
        these settlers Lutherans, or what? What was he doing in Marblehead? Why did
        he join the Loyalist cause?
        I'm from Bowdoinham, Sagadahoc Co., Maine myself, and try to get back
        there once a year. Have never been to Waldoboro since my father was in the
        Army and we spent our time in Maine visiting relatives in the Brunswick area.
        There are Sidelingers in the Richmond area, my uncle-by-marriage's sister
        married one (there's a shirttail connection for you!) I hope we can have an
        interesting list with help for everyone and interesting discussions. (And
        thanks to the listowner for setting it up!)
        Nikki Strandskov, Minneapolis
      • Lynn914@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 1999
          Hi Nikki,
          Thanks for mentioning the Sidelingers in the Richmond area. It is nice to
          know there are so many spread across Maine and other places as well.
          I started the BroadBayMeGen list after I started the Sidelinger list once I
          knew for sure that is where my husband's family came from.
          So far the list is a quiet one but perhaps someone has something to share
          regarding your family and others in the BroadBay area.
          Happy Hunting,

          Lynn Whitney
          SidelingerGen@onelist.com
          BroadBayMEGEN@onelist.com