Hello Everyone

  • Lynn914@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 1999
      Greetings from a very hot Connecticut!
      I just wanted to take a minute to let you know we now have 17 members on our
      list. Most of us are receiving individual posts and a couple of people are on
      digest. One member has gone no mail for vacation.
      Please feel free to post your Broad Bay connections and interests as well as
      your ancestors names which you are researching. Also post your questions! We
      have a couple of volunteers who will do lookups in the BROADBAY PIONEERS
      book. You might want to put LOOKUP PLEASE in your subject line just to alert
      our volunteers to your request.
      If anyone has any history of the area they would like to share, this would be
      welcome, too.
      I am looking forward to hearing from you all again soon.

      Lynn Whitney
      List Moderator
    • Tom Elliott
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 1999
        Since I joined this list, I have had every intention of posting my one
        Broadbay line, but have run in to time management factor. It seems that my
        boss would like for me to work for him, too. <g>

        Okay, enough levity, here is MY Broadbay line as best as I can ascertain:

        I. John Henry Benner, of Taunus Gebirge, Germany and his wife, Margaret
        ____________

        II. Jacob Benner, b. 18 September 1757 in Waldoboro, ME, m. Anna Mary
        ___________ in September 1776, in Waldoboro, ME. Anna Mary ____________
        was b. 18 June 1757 in Waldoboro.

        III. Margareta Benner, b. August 1783 in Waldoboro, ME m. Seth Tilden on
        22 December 1806 in Lincolnville, Waldo Co., ME (Seth was b. 3 November
        1777 in Canton, MA as the s/o Nathaniel & Sarah (Puffer) Tilden). Of their
        nine children, my ancestor was Elihu Tilden. Elihu and his wife, Nancy
        Nutt, settled in the Camden/Rockport area of what is now Knox County.

        If you would like further descent of my line, please let me know and I will
        gladly provide it. I didn't want to elaborate any further than absolutely
        necessary.

        Thanks for your list. I am finding it VERY interesting and informative.

        Sincerely,
        Tom Elliott
        Waldo Couunty USGENWEB Co-Ordinator