RE: [BroadBayMEGen] Yattaw-Kaler property question.

  • Patty Johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 22, 2008
      Florance Lillian Yattaw  June 16, 1904 birth/death date
      Infant Yattaw June 20, 1913 birth/death date

      Also, do you have any info on a Hiriam/Hiram Black?
          married Violet Agnes Yattaw (b November 08, 1917 in Rockland)

      Patty Johnson

      Education is the most important subject which we as people, can be engaged in..--Abraham Lincoln

      > To: BroadBayMEGen@yahoogroups.com
      > From: benner3@...
      > Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 01:19:03 -0500
      > Subject: Re: [BroadBayMEGen] Yattaw-Kaler property question.

    • Benner
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2008

        Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 8:31 AM
        Subject: RE: [BroadBayMEGen] Yattaw-Kaler property question.

        Florance Lillian Yattaw  June 16, 1904 birth/death date
        Infant Yattaw June 20, 1913 birth/death date

        Also, do you have any info on a Hiriam/Hiram Black?
            married Violet Agnes Yattaw (b November 08, 1917 in Rockland)

        Patty Johnson

        Education is the most important subject which we as people, can be engaged in..--Abraham Lincoln

        =====================================
        Sorry Patty,
        I find no Yattaws buried in any Waldoboro cemetery. I searched some places, (Social Security and U.S. Search websites), for Hiram Black and found no Maine connections. Same with Violet.
        I searched my Benner database for Yattaw and found only the following;

        Myron Ralph Benner Dec.30,1915-Aug.29,1984

        (his 2nd wife) Goldie (Yattaw) Putansu 1914, Waldoboro, Maine-Oct.29,1997, South Thomaston, Maine

        Myron and Goldie were married Dec.24,1963.

        Goldie was a daughter of Frank and Elizabeth (Kaler) Yattaw of Waldoboro, Maine.

        Goldie’s first husband was Frederick Putansu. He died in 1961.

        Myron is buried in St. George, Maine.

        Goldie is buried in North Parish Cemetery, Willey’s Corner, in St. George, Maine.

        -mark benner-

      • Patty Johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2008
          Thanks Mark for the info. From the papers I have from Roger Yattaw (Frank Yattaw's grandson) it says that "buried across the road from the old homestead in Waldoboro, ME. 1/1994 new owners of land put a fence around graves and allow family members to have access to it." So, it sounds like they aren't in a cemetery which would be why you couldn't find any listed. I'm wondering where the old homestead of Frank and Elizabeth is. It must be near where her parents (Kalers) live because they gave her and Frank land to live. Not sure where that is though. Any ideas?  I didnt have the cemetery info for Goldie and Myron. I'll have to check it our next time I go visit my family , it's in our town. Yattaws originally went by the name Guertin. But, I think they had switched over by the time they came from VT/NY to here. Any mention of Guertin? I just wonder what brought my great grandmother,Rose Agnes yattaw Schwartz (Melvin's wife) and her brother Frank Yattaw to Maine and her other brother stayed in NY. I don't think I'll ever find that out. I know there's been talk about the family bible still kicking around. We figured it got burned in  the family house fire (Melvin and Rose's home in the early 1910s) but I guess it survived. It would great to see what is inside that. Thanks again for all your help! You are definitely the guru of the Waldoboro genealogy!

          To: BroadBayMEGen@yahoogroups.com
          From: benner3@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 23, 2008
            Patty,

            My friend, Diana Overlock Sewell of Warren, ME, has information on your Schwartz and Yattaw lines.  Diana is a very dedicated accomplished genealogist, who is always willing to share information, but she doesn't have internet access.  If you get back to me off-list at warner@..., I'll forward her telephone and mail address to you.

            Best wishes,
            Richard.

            --

            Richard D. Warner