Emigration to Prince Edward Island (PEI), Canada

  • fenchel387
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      A number of Waldoboro surnames appear in PEI genealogy records. Names
      such as Achorn, Creamer, Dockendorf, Praught (Pracht, Prock), Stilke
      and Wagner are common to both Waldoboro and PEI.

      My ggg grandfather, John Frederick Praught and his wife, Susanna
      Wagner, settled in PEI after the American Revolution. He was a member
      of the King's Rangers, a loyalist unit formed in New Jersey but
      garrisoned at Fort St. George on the Penobscot River prior to going to
      Halifax, NS and then on to PEI where they were eventually mustered out.

      It's been proven that John Achorn, also a member of the King's
      Rangers, came from Waldoboro. I suspect that John Frederick Praught
      (Pracht, Prock) was a boyhood friend and joined the Rangers as well
      but, unfortunately, I have no proof.

      In the book "Broad Bay Pioneers" there were marriages between the
      Achorns, Creamers, Prachts, Wagners and Stilkes. Does anyone with
      connections to these families have information that would help me
      prove that Fred and Susanna did, in fact, come from Broad Bay?