- --- In BroadBayMEGen@yahoogroups.com, "Don Hawkins" <dk.carver@...>
Thanks for your reply. I have a record of a Charles Ewell, Jr, son
of Charles Ewell who died in 1832. No record of Charles Ewell, 3rd.
I have Charles, sr married to Polly Gellerd. Would appreciate the
name of his 2nd wife.
I have no additional data on the daughters.
Would have prefered you email me direct at benner3@...
as the following format here is kinda messy.
The following two groups of EWELLs are found at the Waldoboro German
Church Cemetery on the left, (in the Ancient Section), as you go up
This is the first group;
155. Mary (Gellerd) Ewell d.Nov.20,1793 @27y4m(wife of Charles Ewell)
156. Charles Ewell d.Sept.2,1832 @68y
157. Mary (Burkhart) Ewell d.Nov.27,1843 @70y(wife of Charles Ewell)
158. Jane Ewell d.Nov.2,1891 @85y6m
159. Winfield G. Ewell 1847-1937
William A. Ewell 1859-1937
(wife) Cora L. (Strong) Ewell 1859-1942
160. Mary E. (Gray) (Ewell) Jan.7,1850-April 19,1887 (wife of
William G. Ewell)
161. Waterman Ewell d.March 31,1872 @66y
(wife) Clara F. (Heyer) Ewell d.Feb.10,1874 @52y2m
162. Clara F. (Ewell) d.March 1,1858 @16d(dau. of Waterman & Clara
163. Frank E. Ewell Oct.28,1883-Oct.11,1968
164. Mabel R. Ewell Sept.8,1885-Sept.4,1974
other families are buried between the first group of EWELLs and this
grouping of EWELLs. I think they're all related but these are just a
few feet further up the hill;
179. Ada M. Pierce (Ewell)1857-1912(wife of Willard J. Ewell)
180. Willard J. Ewell 1853-1924
181. Sarah A. (________) (Ewell)d.Oct.1,1916(wife of George R. Ewell)
182. George R. Ewell d.Sept.27,1875 @55y10m12d
183. Nancy H. (Howard) Ewell d.March 13,1848 @54y(wife of Charles
184. Charles Ewell, Jr. d.April 14,1832 @39y
185. _______________ (fieldstone headstone and footstone, no
186. Charles T. Ewell d.Aug.28,1853 @30y8m
Angeline A. (________) (Pickford) d.Feb.16,1869 @38y6m
(wife of John F. Pickford)
Willard A. Ewell d.Feb.15,1830 @2y2m
187. Charlotte E. (________) (Ewell) (Piper) d.Aug.12,1876 @44y
(wife of James Piper, formerly wife of Charles T. Ewell)