Re: EWELL

  • benner55
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
      --- In BroadBayMEGen@yahoogroups.com, "Don Hawkins" <dk.carver@...>
      wrote:
      Mark,

      Thanks for your reply. I have a record of a Charles Ewell, Jr, son
      of Charles Ewell who died in 1832. No record of Charles Ewell, 3rd.
      I have Charles, sr married to Polly Gellerd. Would appreciate the
      name of his 2nd wife.
      I have no additional data on the daughters.
      Don
      Hi Don,
      Would have prefered you email me direct at benner3@...
      as the following format here is kinda messy.
      The following two groups of EWELLs are found at the Waldoboro German
      Church Cemetery on the left, (in the Ancient Section), as you go up
      the hill.

      This is the first group;
      155. Mary (Gellerd) Ewell d.Nov.20,1793 @27y4m(wife of Charles Ewell)
      156. Charles Ewell d.Sept.2,1832 @68y
      157. Mary (Burkhart) Ewell d.Nov.27,1843 @70y(wife of Charles Ewell)
      158. Jane Ewell d.Nov.2,1891 @85y6m
      159. Winfield G. Ewell 1847-1937
      William A. Ewell 1859-1937
      (wife) Cora L. (Strong) Ewell 1859-1942
      160. Mary E. (Gray) (Ewell) Jan.7,1850-April 19,1887 (wife of
      William G. Ewell)
      161. Waterman Ewell d.March 31,1872 @66y
      (wife) Clara F. (Heyer) Ewell d.Feb.10,1874 @52y2m
      162. Clara F. (Ewell) d.March 1,1858 @16d(dau. of Waterman & Clara
      F. Ewell)
      163. Frank E. Ewell Oct.28,1883-Oct.11,1968
      164. Mabel R. Ewell Sept.8,1885-Sept.4,1974

      other families are buried between the first group of EWELLs and this
      grouping of EWELLs. I think they're all related but these are just a
      few feet further up the hill;
      179. Ada M. Pierce (Ewell)1857-1912(wife of Willard J. Ewell)
      180. Willard J. Ewell 1853-1924
      181. Sarah A. (________) (Ewell)d.Oct.1,1916(wife of George R. Ewell)
      182. George R. Ewell d.Sept.27,1875 @55y10m12d
      183. Nancy H. (Howard) Ewell d.March 13,1848 @54y(wife of Charles
      Ewell, Jr.)
      184. Charles Ewell, Jr. d.April 14,1832 @39y
      185. _______________ (fieldstone headstone and footstone, no
      inscriptions)
      186. Charles T. Ewell d.Aug.28,1853 @30y8m
      Angeline A. (________) (Pickford) d.Feb.16,1869 @38y6m
      (wife of John F. Pickford)
      Willard A. Ewell d.Feb.15,1830 @2y2m
      187. Charlotte E. (________) (Ewell) (Piper) d.Aug.12,1876 @44y
      (wife of James Piper, formerly wife of Charles T. Ewell)
      -mark benner-