EWELL

  • search29ing
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
      Henry Ewell and his wife Mary Benson came to Old Broad Bay in the 1760s.

      Their known children were Henry, Malacha, Charles, Mary, Hannah,
      Rachel, and Nathan. I am particularly interested in Henry.

      Any info on Henry, Mary and children would be greatly appreciated.

      Don
    • benner55
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
        In BroadBayMEGen@yahoogroups.com, "search29ing" <dk.carver@...> wrote:

        Henry Ewell and his wife Mary Benson came to Old Broad Bay in the
        1760s. Their known children were Henry, Malacha, Charles, Mary,
        Hannah,Rachel, and Nathan. I am particularly interested in Henry.
        Any info on Henry, Mary and children would be greatly appreciated.
        Don

        =====================

        Don,
        Married names of the daughters would be helpful. There are lots of
        Ewells buried in Waldoboro.
        Your Charles Ewell, died Sept.2,1832 @68 yrs., is buried in Waldoboro,
        Maine, (Brookland Cemetery), with his two wives.
        Not sure if related, but there was a Charles Ewell, Jr. and a Charles
        Ewell, III,... and they and their family(s) are buried at the German
        Cemetery in Waldoboro, Maine.
        Not able to locate your other Ewells for lack of data..........
        I was in contact recently with someone in Rockland, Maine who was
        researching this same family, (deed research in Waldoboro?)
        -mark benner-
        benner3@...
      • Don Hawkins
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
          Mark,

          Thanks for your reply.

          I have a record of a Charles Ewell, Jr, son of Charles Ewell who died in 1832. No record of Charles Ewell, 3rd.

          I have Charles, sr married to Polly Gellerd. Would appreciate the name of his 2nd wife.

          I have no additional data on the daughters.

          Don
        • benner55
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
            --- In BroadBayMEGen@yahoogroups.com, "Don Hawkins" <dk.carver@...>
            wrote:
            Mark,

            Thanks for your reply. I have a record of a Charles Ewell, Jr, son
            of Charles Ewell who died in 1832. No record of Charles Ewell, 3rd.
            I have Charles, sr married to Polly Gellerd. Would appreciate the
            name of his 2nd wife.
            I have no additional data on the daughters.
            Don
            Hi Don,
            Would have prefered you email me direct at benner3@...
            as the following format here is kinda messy.
            The following two groups of EWELLs are found at the Waldoboro German
            Church Cemetery on the left, (in the Ancient Section), as you go up
            the hill.

            This is the first group;
            155. Mary (Gellerd) Ewell d.Nov.20,1793 @27y4m(wife of Charles Ewell)
            156. Charles Ewell d.Sept.2,1832 @68y
            157. Mary (Burkhart) Ewell d.Nov.27,1843 @70y(wife of Charles Ewell)
            158. Jane Ewell d.Nov.2,1891 @85y6m
            159. Winfield G. Ewell 1847-1937
            William A. Ewell 1859-1937
            (wife) Cora L. (Strong) Ewell 1859-1942
            160. Mary E. (Gray) (Ewell) Jan.7,1850-April 19,1887 (wife of
            William G. Ewell)
            161. Waterman Ewell d.March 31,1872 @66y
            (wife) Clara F. (Heyer) Ewell d.Feb.10,1874 @52y2m
            162. Clara F. (Ewell) d.March 1,1858 @16d(dau. of Waterman & Clara
            F. Ewell)
            163. Frank E. Ewell Oct.28,1883-Oct.11,1968
            164. Mabel R. Ewell Sept.8,1885-Sept.4,1974

            other families are buried between the first group of EWELLs and this
            grouping of EWELLs. I think they're all related but these are just a
            few feet further up the hill;
            179. Ada M. Pierce (Ewell)1857-1912(wife of Willard J. Ewell)
            180. Willard J. Ewell 1853-1924
            181. Sarah A. (________) (Ewell)d.Oct.1,1916(wife of George R. Ewell)
            182. George R. Ewell d.Sept.27,1875 @55y10m12d
            183. Nancy H. (Howard) Ewell d.March 13,1848 @54y(wife of Charles
            Ewell, Jr.)
            184. Charles Ewell, Jr. d.April 14,1832 @39y
            185. _______________ (fieldstone headstone and footstone, no
            inscriptions)
            186. Charles T. Ewell d.Aug.28,1853 @30y8m
            Angeline A. (________) (Pickford) d.Feb.16,1869 @38y6m
            (wife of John F. Pickford)
            Willard A. Ewell d.Feb.15,1830 @2y2m
            187. Charlotte E. (________) (Ewell) (Piper) d.Aug.12,1876 @44y
            (wife of James Piper, formerly wife of Charles T. Ewell)
            -mark benner-