Broad Bay Pioneers

  • ksid14@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 1999
      All:

      I have the "Bible"; aka Broad Bay Pioneers, by Wilford W. Whitaker and Gary T. Horlacher, if anyone would like me to look up a certain individual. I'd be glad to help

      Kathy Sidlinger
    • Lynn914@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20, 1999
        Kathy,
        Welcome to the list. Nice to have you on board. Thanks for offering to share
        the Broad Bay book with us.
        Perhaps anyone who wants a lookup could put LOOKUP PLEASE in the subject line.
        Thanks again for joining and making the offer, Kathy.

        Take care,
        Lynn
      • Irene Boyer
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 21, 1999
          Hi!

          I've been lurking since I joined, but thought I should let you all know that I, too, have
          THE BOOK. It's the reason I joined the list. Before THE BOOK, I didn't know the region
          was called Broad Bay. I am not from Maine. My main Maine ancestors moved to western
          Penna. and my grandparents to Buffalo, NY, where I was born. But through the years I
          have discovered that 90% of my ancestors came from either Pennsylvania, Massachusetts,
          or Maine. Yet I've never been farther east than New York City and the Adirondaks.
          But I digress . . .

          I'm descended from Ernst Philip Frederik Theobald, Hessian soldier captured at Saratoga.
          He married Sally Rittal whose parents were Francis Rittal and Lucy Houdelette. Philip
          Theobald's son, Charles married three women, my ancestress being the second, Julia
          Saunders (he married her sister Charlotte first, and later Sarah Barlow Goodwin). Charles
          & Julia had a daughter, Julia Ann Theobald, who married Clark Benner, and it was the
          Benners I was most anxious to find in THE BOOK. And I did !

          I'm still looking for the ancestors of the Saunders sisters. Julia was born before 1812. I am
          also trying to discover how the name Burnam/Burnham came into the family. It seems to
          be a fairly common name in the region. [Clark BENNER was the son of Nathaniel Benner
          and Hannah CLARK. Hannah was the dau. of Burnam CLARK and (I discovered in THE BOOK)
          Mary Greeley. But who Burnam's parents were I have not discovered.]
          So there's another mystery I need help with.

          I have the History of Dresden, Maine, which was very helpful several years ago in identifying
          Sally Rittal's ancestors.

          If anyone has info about my Saunders or Burnam Clark, I would love to hear. In addition,
          if anyone would like my help in looking up folks in either of the books I mentioned, I can share
          the burden with Kathy, although I'm not sure how we'd know who's turn it was.

          Glad to meet you all.

          Irene Belknap Boyer
        • Lynn914@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 21, 1999
            Hello and Welcome Irene to Broad Bay ME Gen.

            Thanks for posting your connection and ancestors as well as offering to do
            lookups in the books you mentioned.
            I hope someone on the list will be able to help you get passed your
            brickwalls.

            Lynn Whitney
          • Marion Leska
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 21, 1999
              Irene,
              There are lots of Clarks in Prospect, Maine; which isn't far from
              Waldoboro--Old Broad Bay area.
              Marion Whitney Leska

            • jdhddh@tdstelme.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 15, 2001
                I am interested in finding my relatives. this is the information
                that I have: grandfather George Hahn dob 1903 and his father was
                Frank Hahn dob 1858. If you have any info please advise.
                Thanks...Julie

                -- In BroadBayMEGen@y..., ksid14@... wrote:
                > All:
                >
                > I have the "Bible"; aka Broad Bay Pioneers, by Wilford W. Whitaker
                and Gary T. Horlacher, if anyone would like me to look up a certain
                individual. I'd be glad to help

                > Kathy Sidlinger
              • Kathy Sidlinger
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 18, 2001
                  Hi Julie!

                  Unfortunately, this book only includes 18th century settlers.....there are
                  quite a few Hahn's listed, so if you get back any further let me know and
                  I'll be more than happy to see if I can trace them to those listed in the
                  book!

                  Good Luck
                  Kathy
                  > I am interested in finding my relatives. this is the information
                  > that I have: grandfather George Hahn dob 1903 and his father was
                  > Frank Hahn dob 1858. If you have any info please advise.
                  > Thanks...Julie
                  >
                  > -- In BroadBayMEGen@y..., ksid14@... wrote:
                  > > All:
                  > >
                  > > I have the "Bible"; aka Broad Bay Pioneers, by Wilford W. Whitaker
                  > and Gary T. Horlacher, if anyone would like me to look up a certain
                  > individual. I'd be glad to help
                  > >
                  > > Kathy Sidlinger

                • birckenbeuhl
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 15, 2003
                    Kathy:
                    Could you please look up Johannes Deitrich Birckenbeuhl or anyone of
                    that surname. Be advised in the midatlantic states the surname has
                    mutated significantly over time.

                    Ray Berkebile

                    raymond.berkebile@...