RE: LYDIA voyage 1742

  • bluesma36
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2004
      Does anyone have any specific information on the ship LYDIA landing
      in Broad Bay Sept 1742?
      Where did she sail from? When did she leave? Who was her Captain?
      Any notes on the voyage itself? What ports did she stop in?

      I believe my husband is related to passengers Matteiss Eichhorn age
      33, listed as a farmer from Gobrichen, Baden, Germany; his wife Anna
      Maria Dorsch, age 34. They are listed as having traveled with 3
      sons: Johan Jacob age 8, Mattheuss age 4 and Jerg Michel age 1 1/2.

      Accompanying them was Matteiss' sister: widow Barbara Eichhorn
      Glesser age 41 and her 11 year old son, unnamed.

      This information comes from the 1742 LYDIA reconstructed passanger as
      listed in the 'BROAD BAY PIONEERS'

      My research on-line shows that most of the LYDIA's voyages were from
      Rotterdam to PA.
    • Du
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2004
        Hi Carol,

        Which page numbers did I send for the Lydia?  There is a section describing the general travel pattern for all 4 ships and it used the Lydia as the basis for all 4 voyages.  These pages are 27 thru 39.

        If you don't have them, send me your address again and I'll copy them.

        Ed Kelley
        Does anyone have any specific information on the ship LYDIA landing
        in Broad Bay Sept 1742?
        Where did she sail from?  When did she leave? Who was her Captain?
        Any notes on the voyage itself?  What ports did she stop in?

        I believe my husband is related to passengers Matteiss Eichhorn age
        33, listed as a farmer from Gobrichen, Baden, Germany; his wife Anna
        Maria Dorsch, age 34.  They are listed as having traveled with 3
        sons: Johan Jacob age 8, Mattheuss age 4 and Jerg Michel age 1 1/2.

        Accompanying them was Matteiss' sister: widow Barbara Eichhorn
        Glesser age 41 and her 11 year old son, unnamed.

        This information comes from the 1742 LYDIA reconstructed passanger as
        listed in the 'BROAD BAY PIONEERS'

        My research on-line shows that most of the LYDIA's voyages were from
        Rotterdam to PA.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Carol Anne Shiels
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 22, 2004

          Hi there Ed.

          No..  You sent me Island Refuge pgs 15-19, Broad Bay Pioneers 40-48 & 178-186.  I would love to have the info re: the trips.  And if you have them, the accompanying passenger lists for the other 3 voyages..  Also a copy of the index or appendicies: something that gives me a good idea as to what info is in the books.  Maybe I should break down and buy them.  I have not been able to find them in any of our local & circulating libraries.

          Is there any information in Island Refuge  (or BBP) regarding Broad Bay recruitment by Roger's (a drunkard) replaced by Samuel Hayden for the King's Rangers Battlion 1.  Where did they recruit? What missions did they undertake? Route taken prior to ending up on PEI?  Any assignments or military action encountered?  This would be a time period between 1777-1782.

          Do either books have any informaton on Matteiss Eichhorn's sister, widow Barbara Eichhorn Geisser age 41 and her 11 year old son - no name provided? (from LYDIA passenger list).

          Does BBP contain any information about Native Americans in the BB area and their relationships (good &/or bad) with the settlers?

          Mail to: Carol Shiels, 31 Randall Road, Montague, MA  01351.

          Thank you so much for your help.  It has been greatly appreciated.  I have been interested in more than just the genealogical relationships of our family members.

          >From: "Du"
          >Subject: Re: [BroadBayMEGen] RE: LYDIA voyage 1742
          >Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:46:38 -0800
          >
          >Hi Carol,
          >
          >Which page numbers did I send for the Lydia?  There is a section describing the general travel pattern for all 4 ships and it used the Lydia as the basis for all 4 voyages.  These pages are 27 thru 39.
          >
          >If you don't have them, send me your address again and I'll copy them.
          >
          >Ed Kelley

          All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by ESPN.