Re: Jacob Dice

  • Lynn914@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 1999
      Hello Bob,
      Thanks for joining BroadBayMEGen. If you don't get an answer - post again in
      a few days as more people join us.
      Thanks for posting our first query.

      Lynn Whitney

      << From: RCBrooks <rcbrooks@...>

      Johannes Jakob Die� a.k.a. Jacob Dice or Dyce left his name at Dices
      Head in Castine. He came from the Palatine [?] ca 1752 to
      Boston/Braintree thence (unmarried) to Broad Bay, thence to Fort Pownall
      (Stockton Springs) ca. 1759-1761, thence to Majabigwaduce (Castine)
      until ca. 1783 when he preceded the Loyalist evacuation and went to
      London where he made a claim for his losses during the war.

      Along the way, he picked up a wife named Hannah. Who was she. What
      happened to them after the RevWar? >>
    • Lynn914@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 1999
        Hello Everyone,
        My husband's Sidelinger line connects to Broad Bay.
        Martin Sidelinger and his wife Mary who came from Germany about 1760 to
        Massachusetts then to Broad Bay.
        Their son Charles (1755-1793) married 20 NOV 1787 in Waldoboro,ME to Sarah
        Smith, daughter John Martin Schmidt and Mary Catharina Schott
        Their son Samuel (1781Nobleboro ME-1869 Waldoboro ME) married in 1813 in
        Nobleboro to his first cousin Mary( daughter of mary Sidelinger)
        Their son Ira (1845-1894) married Matilda Whitcomb
        Their daughter Nellie Ellen Sidelinger married Charles Bernard Gould
        They had a daughter Lillian who is my husband's grandmother

        I am hoping to learn more about the Broad Bay area and the SIDELINGERs,
        SCHMIDTs and SCHOTTs.

        Thanks
        Lynn
      • RCBrooks
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 1999
          Johannes Jakob Die� a.k.a. Jacob Dice or Dyce left his name at Dices
          Head in Castine. He came from the Palatine [?] ca 1752 to
          Boston/Braintree thence (unmarried) to Broad Bay, thence to Fort Pownall
          (Stockton Springs) ca. 1759-1761, thence to Majabigwaduce (Castine)
          until ca. 1783 when he preceded the Loyalist evacuation and went to
          London where he made a claim for his losses during the war.

          Along the way, he picked up a wife named Hannah. Who was she. What
          happened to them after the RevWar?

          Bob Brooks, Sandy Point ME
        • RCBrooks
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 13, 1999
            As soon as I subscribed, I checked the archives and found the cupboard
            was bare so I thought I would put something there -- kind of a throw
            away like fresh newspaper in the bottom of the birdcage. Jake Dice is
            just a matter of curiosity to me.

            UNFORTUNATELY: I would not expect too many people to subscribe because
            OneList will scare away 90% of them at the registration portal -- too
            many personal questions are asked -- yes, I know if you read the fine
            print, they swear that they will maintain your privacy. Then I was
            angry when I found out that they automatically subcribed me to two other
            lists which they want to do something with re: marketing. I laughed
            when I saw that one option besides unsubscribing was a "no mail" option
            -- that way you count as one of the people on their list but you never
            receive any mail. A bit like cheating when one discusses the
            distribution of advertizing flyers.

            Good luck with you list

            Bob Brooks