Winchenbach/Winchenpaw/Wincepaw

  • ss392@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2000
      If I might introduce myself to the list, I am Prentice
      Alexander, and my German connection is one Mary Jane Winchenpaw. Mary
      Jane was born at Friendship, March 17,1822, married Ira G. McLellan
      November 20,1847, and died September 22,1901.I have recently learned
      the identity of her parents, and while her father's ancestors are
      pretty well documented her mother is still a mystery. They were John
      Winchenbach and Dorcas Metcalf/Medcalf. Is there anyone on this list
      who can help me with Dorcas? B/M/D?

      I have seen references to W.W.Whitakers book " Broad Bay Pioneers" on
      this forum and I am able to fill in one name that was not completely
      listed. On page 445, seventh line down,"He md abt 1817 Dorcas." That
      should be Dorcas Medcalf. If anyone needs a source for this I can
      supply same upon request.N/C.

      Many thanks and looking forward to hearing from someone.

      Prentice Alexander