      To: BroadBayMEGen@yahoogroups.com
      From: erifica@...
      Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:08:08 -0500
      Subject: Re: [BroadBayMEGen] Black town

      Oops, that should read :

      Continue on Miller road, on the right hand side of the road is a large white farm house that belonged to Annie Mank, on the left hand side is the farm itself, continue past the steep hill

      On Feb 4, 2008 10:06 AM, Erica Jacobs <erifica@...> wrote:
      Hi Patty,

      Black Town is located off from Miller Road. Here is how you get to where the road was, I can't give milage only houses in the area. Continue on Miller road, on the right hand side of the road is a large white farm house that belonged to Annie Mank, on the right hand side is the farm itself, continue past the steep hill. On the right hand side of the road a trailer is visible as well as an a-frame that belonged to Fred Ames. On the left hand side of the road is a trailer that used to be hidden by trees, though it may be visible now. Before the road curves sharply on the left hand side of the road is where the road was located. It used to be easily visible when I was growing up from people riding atvs and such. My father was friends with the owner and we walked down the "road" into the woods.  I believe that the owner of the land the road is lcoated on is named Joy. I don't know her last name. There was some foundation holes but not much else back in the early 90s. I'm not sure how overgrown it is now. I believe that Melvin/Melville and Thomas lived there at some point.

      Erica

      On Feb 3, 2008 9:24 PM, Patty <nynexesa@...> wrote:
      Does anyone know exactly where on Miller Rd (off of Manktown Rd)in
      Waldoboro was considered "Black town"?