297RE: [BroadBayMEGen] Black town

  • Patty Johnson
    Feb 4, 2008
      So, is Black town named after the group of negros living there or is it after the Schwartz/Blacks that lived there? My grandmother (Myrtle Black, Melvin's daughter) lived on that road until a fire destroyed their home and they moved to St. George when she was around 5 (early 1910s). I had heard from relatives that there maybe some foundations left. I took a ride down that road this weekend and wasnt sure how far. I saw old rock walls a bit down and it was grown in.

      Patty Johnson

      Education is the most important subject which we as people, can be engaged in..--Abraham Lincoln