221RE: LYDIA voyage 1742

  • bluesma36
    Mar 21, 2004
      Does anyone have any specific information on the ship LYDIA landing
      in Broad Bay Sept 1742?
      Where did she sail from? When did she leave? Who was her Captain?
      Any notes on the voyage itself? What ports did she stop in?

      I believe my husband is related to passengers Matteiss Eichhorn age
      33, listed as a farmer from Gobrichen, Baden, Germany; his wife Anna
      Maria Dorsch, age 34. They are listed as having traveled with 3
      sons: Johan Jacob age 8, Mattheuss age 4 and Jerg Michel age 1 1/2.

      Accompanying them was Matteiss' sister: widow Barbara Eichhorn
      Glesser age 41 and her 11 year old son, unnamed.

      This information comes from the 1742 LYDIA reconstructed passanger as
      listed in the 'BROAD BAY PIONEERS'

      My research on-line shows that most of the LYDIA's voyages were from
      Rotterdam to PA.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic