Birthdays!

  • ormsweird
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
      Ladies and Gentlemen,

      I bring glad tidings! For in these coming days there are not one but two birthdays within the household. Margaret and Tom both have birthdays at the end of January and the beginning of February (Tom is 30, ha! :). The current suggestion is that we get together somewhere, watch movies, eat good food and get generally drunk, though we are open to suggestions!

      Thought! Ideas! Alcohol!

      And thanks to Andrew and Toby for the great parties the last two nights!

      Claire
    • Toby Atkin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
        Re: [Brighthelm] Birthdays! On 2/1/02 11:36 am, "ormsweird" <ormsweird@...> wrote:

        Ladies and Gentlemen,

        I bring glad tidings! For in these coming days there are not one but two birthdays within the household. Margaret and Tom both have birthdays at the end of January and the beginning of February (Tom is 30, ha! :). The current suggestion is that we get together somewhere, watch movies, eat good food and get generally drunk, though we are open to suggestions!

        Claire -

        What about choosing a couple of Tom and Margaret’s favourite movies to watch, then cooking food that matches the year of the films. And serving alcohol that was popular in those time periods too. An excuse for a little research, and perhaps cooking something new and different (or rather, old and different!). After all, how often do you get the opportunity to cook a meal to fit 1977, or to determine what the popular drinks were in the summer of 1984?

        If you’re in need of a venue, you’re welcome to watch films, cook, eat, drink and misbehave here. No cats, though.

        Toby

        --
        -- Toby Atkin         - phone: +44 7775 795055
        -- toby@... - fax:   +44 8700 516622

      • ormsweird
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
          Re: [Brighthelm] Birthdays!
          Not eve if it's Cool for Cats? ;)

          Claire, who hates sewing. No really. Loathes it. Never again. Honest!

[...]

          Stamp powered by www.mailround.com

          Click here to join YOPTIN and WIN COOL PRIZES

        • Toby Atkin
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
            Re: [Brighthelm] Birthdays! On 4/1/02 12:06 am, "ormsweird" <ormsweird@...> wrote:

            Not eve if it's Cool for Cats? ;)

            Claire, who hates sewing. No really. Loathes it. Never again. Honest!

            You might hate sewing, but I’m sure you’ll enjoy the weekend. Have fun in Wales!

            Toby

            --
            -- Toby Atkin         - phone: +44 7775 795055
            -- toby@... - fax:   +44 8700 516622

          • Margaret Cairns
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2002
              Claire, who hates sewing. No really. Loathes it. Never again. Honest!

              You might hate sewing, but I’m sure you’ll enjoy the weekend. Have fun in Wales!

              Toby

              --
              -- Toby Atkin         - phone: +44 7775 795055
              -- toby@... - fax:   +44 8700 516622

              I'm also sure you'll enjoy Wales :)

              Fav films  period food and drink sounds good to me..

              Mig