Fwd: [PontAlarch] Proposed shire event.

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2011

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:[PontAlarch] Proposed shire event.
      Date:Sat, 15 Jan 2011 19:27:46 +0000
      From:Ormsweird <ormsweird@...>
      To:PontAlarch@yahoogroups.com

      Greetings to the list,

      Antonio and I have found a rather neat hall available which would both neatly cover A&S and fighting activities for a reasonable fee. The site is in a small village near Durham, but has decent transport links and obviously pick ups can be arranged. Sadly they won't allow over night sleeping, so we were pondering a day event for the prospective date of the 26th of March. Would people be interesting in attending if we either booked that date or one close to it? We'd have the hall for roughly 9am-9pm and they have a refurbished kitchen, so perhaps a small and somewhat earlyish feast would be possible as well as indoor room for fighting and a dining room available for other forms of A&S.

      We'd appreciate all comments and thoughts!

      Kit
    • Nik Whitehead
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2011
        I'd love to, but I'm going to be out of things doing Eastercon after about mid-March. Good luck with it though.

        Cheers,

        Y-M

        Antonio and I have found a rather neat hall available which would both neatly cover A&S and fighting activities for a reasonable fee. The site is in a small village near Durham, but has decent transport links and obviously pick ups can be arranged. Sadly they won't allow over night sleeping, so we were pondering a day event for the prospective date of the 26th of March. Would people be interesting in attending if we either booked that date or one close to it? We'd have the hall for roughly 9am-9pm and they have a refurbished kitchen, so perhaps a small and somewhat earlyish feast would be possible as well as indoor room for fighting and a dining room available for other forms of A&S.

        We'd appreciate all comments and thoughts!

        Kit

        Suck, squeeze, bang, blow
        Rocket science - it isn't that difficult
      • Tom
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2011
          What you'll feel like is some intensive fencing to take yer mind off it then!

          RSVP anyway, please, folks, so we can make vague plans

          (Plans? Plans? We don' need no steeeeenkin' plans)

          Antonio
          Oblivious Autocrat.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 15, 2011
            Hmm... I'll see how it goes. Of course, any intensive fencing might just make my arm drop off... Hopefully seeing the doctor about the shoulder/elbow this week.

            Y-M