Richard Gets Fighting Award

  • Richard the Rampant (Paul Thane-Clarke)
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2008
      Greeting

      this is a quick note to let everyone know at Crown Tourney this weekend I was awarded the Order of the Iren-Fyrd (raw details below), I am incredibly pleased to receive this award, you have to be accepted and have shown support to the Calontir Army, they are a tight group seeing themselves as the backbone of the fighting in Calontir, there are Knights who have moved into Calontir who have not been asked to join, yet I have managed to be accepted under a year.

      Please don't see this as me preening I am just trying to convey how incredibly honoured and pleases I feel

      All the best

      Richard

      The Order of the Iren-Fyrd: "Fyrd".

      Companionship in the Order of the Iren-Fyrd is recognition of accomplishment as a fighter. Kingdom Law specifies that only those who are proficient in at least two weapons systems may be made Fyrdmen. Generally, the fighter must demonstrate a fair amount of skill at arms, be honourable on and off the field, and be active in promoting fighting. The Fyrd is a polling Order, and potential members are usually discussed before being recommended to the Crown. If the recipient does not already have an AoA, the award bestows one. Fyrdmen may wear the badge of that Order.

      --
      Richard the Rampant (Paul Thane-Clarke)

    • Kate Atkin-Wright
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2008
        Well done :)

        Hugs

        Kate

        On May 5, 2008, at 03:24, Richard the Rampant (Paul Thane-Clarke) wrote:

        > Greeting
        >
        > this is a quick note to let everyone know at Crown Tourney this
        > weekend I was awarded the Order of the Iren-Fyrd (raw details
        > below), I am incredibly pleased to receive this award, you have to
        > be accepted and have shown support to the Calontir Army, they are a
        > tight group seeing themselves as the backbone of the fighting in
        > Calontir, there are Knights who have moved into Calontir who have
        > not been asked to join, yet I have managed to be accepted under a
        > year.
        >
        > Please don't see this as me preening I am just trying to convey how
        > incredibly honoured and pleases I feel
        >
        > All the best
        >

        > Richard
        >

        > The Order of the Iren-Fyrd: "Fyrd".
        >
        > Companionship in the Order of the Iren-Fyrd is recognition of
        > accomplishment as a fighter. Kingdom Law specifies that only those
        > who are proficient in at least two weapons systems may be made
        > Fyrdmen. Generally, the fighter must demonstrate a fair amount of
        > skill at arms, be honourable on and off the field, and be active in
        > promoting fighting. The Fyrd is a polling Order, and potential
        > members are usually discussed before being recommended to the Crown.
        > If the recipient does not already have an AoA, the award bestows
        > one. Fyrdmen may wear the badge of that Order.
        >

        > --
        > Richard the Rampant (Paul Thane-Clarke)

        Kate Atkin-Wright
        kate@...