[Fwd: It seems they want to ban all swords :(]

  • The Cat that walks by Himself
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
      You may or may not have seen this

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:It seems they want to ban all swords :(
      Date:Thu, 1 Mar 2007 07:45:53 +0000
      From:Siryel Orakhyn <siryel@...>
      To:Ali Bush <bush_alistair@...>, chris.burl@... <chris.burl@...>, Amy Evans <daemonicmuse@...>, Alan Moore <everarder@...>, Andrew walton <neonwraith@...>, The Cat that walks by Himself <catwalk@...>, bria.mcallister@... <bria.mcallister@...>, IRENE ALMOND <beastian@...>, grayson angus <badmoonrising01@...>, Douglas Cooper <doug@...>, Michael Durrant <silvercruiser83@...>, daniel sievers <jonmcgregor@...>, Dessie@..., Russell Smith <digital_bladerunner@...>, Louise Errington <voodoolou@...>, graham mills <graham_mills32@...>, Steve Hamer <guinniepig69@...>, Kieron Hogan <speshk99@...>, rebecca harding <lrper@...>, Jeremy Mulholland <jjmulholland@...>, Pete <peter_rouse2004@...>

      I received that through a friend on LJ. Please have a look:

      Government Sword ban!
      Folks, I dont know if you have seen the message below already but please
      take a moment to look at it and forward it on to all the sympathetic
      parties you know (yes I know this is close to viral mail but I think this is
      important). In case your wondering Dave Hail is a freind of mine and former
      1IC of the Wolves in The LT. But this is an issue we can not ignore.

      Subject: Government Sword ban!

      > Hi guys, > > There's a paper going through the government legal processes aimed at a > TOTAL sword ban. > > If this succeedes I will lose my sword school and many of you will have to > give up collections and reenactment hobbies. > > Please sign up to the petition at.. > >http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/swords/ > > > Cheers, > > Dave Hail
      .
    • GARY KIRK
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007

        last i herd we wer the exepthion along with dance and marthall arths and thay ar making it so it is onlay licenst selerler that we will be abell to get swords from that is what was sed whaen my mum comntakted the scotih parlement on behalf of medeval methal

        and the fackt that ther ar mor ppl making and useing swords in the uk now than there was in the 13 cent i think thad have a hard job

        but if you hear anthing keep us posted

        Get Messenger FREE on your Mobile. Click Here!
      • The Cat that walks by Himself
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
          2,446 signatures so far.
          Last I heard  -
          "There was a Scottish Parliament motion tabled on bladed weapons which included a section on swords and in particular, Samurai swords
          There was a lengthy consultation within Scotland and the ban on swords, to do with the act, was summarily butchered by roughly 90% of those consulted due to the impact on tourism and legitimate hobby / display use and tradition
          The only motion I could find within the British parliamentary system as a whole was something called "The Samurai Swords Act" which was introduced by Labour shortly before the first parliamentary closure after their 2005 general election win along with a large number of anti terrorism bills and a huge amount of other legislation which they tried to flood the system with in short order, given their rapidly declining public support
          The Samurai Swords Act didn't make it past a second reading"