RE: [Brighthelm] Christmas Feast

  • Lisa G
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      Oooh yummy! Raise a glass of mead for me, or something :)

      Speaking of feasts, I have gotten back involved with the SCA (or rather the
      local variant) in Tokyo, and they are planning to hold a feast in January,
      which the site owner is kindly offering to cook for us. Thing is, it's on a
      health food centre, and they therefore want it to be all vegetarian (but
      doesn't need to be vegan, dairy is OK), they also have zero experience of
      period cookery, so I said I'd help with some ideas.

      It's the first time the mostly Japanese group will have done an actual
      period feast, too, so I'm hoping to find stuff that's really ''ooh
      medieval'' and so a good experience for them without weirding them out tooo
      much, IYSWIM (I've already suggested doing a vegetarian version of
      frumenty). I've poked through my copies of "the Medieval Cookbook" and
      "Fabulous Feasts" for some ideas, but any cool suggestions off list would be
      gratefully accepted!

      Hit me with any favourite recipes, basically :)

      Lisa

      >From: Toby Atkin-Wright <toby@...>
      >To: Brighthelm@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Brighthelm] Christmas Feast
      >Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:50:42 +0000
      >
      >Cursus Apri will be hosting a Christmas Feast on Saturday 9 December, from
      >7pm.
      >
      >Since this feast is at our home, numbers are limited. There will be some
      >crash-space available. Please let us know as soon as possible if you'd
      >like to come and if you need somewhere to sleep.
      >
      >Cost: �8 per person (includes wine)
      >

      >Toby
      >

      ><< smime.p7s >>

      Windows Live� Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!
    • GARY KIRK
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006

        any space left for that one ?

        Amazing competition for unsigned bands with Live Sessions from MSN Spaces