Christmas Feast

  • Toby Atkin-Wright
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      Cursus Apri will be hosting a Christmas Feast on Saturday 9 December,
      from 7pm.

      Since this feast is at our home, numbers are limited. There will be
      some crash-space available. Please let us know as soon as possible if
      you'd like to come and if you need somewhere to sleep.

      Cost: £8 per person (includes wine)

      Toby
    • Lisa G
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
        Oooh yummy! Raise a glass of mead for me, or something :)

        Speaking of feasts, I have gotten back involved with the SCA (or rather the
        local variant) in Tokyo, and they are planning to hold a feast in January,
        which the site owner is kindly offering to cook for us. Thing is, it's on a
        health food centre, and they therefore want it to be all vegetarian (but
        doesn't need to be vegan, dairy is OK), they also have zero experience of
        period cookery, so I said I'd help with some ideas.

        It's the first time the mostly Japanese group will have done an actual
        period feast, too, so I'm hoping to find stuff that's really ''ooh
        medieval'' and so a good experience for them without weirding them out tooo
        much, IYSWIM (I've already suggested doing a vegetarian version of
        frumenty). I've poked through my copies of "the Medieval Cookbook" and
        "Fabulous Feasts" for some ideas, but any cool suggestions off list would be
        gratefully accepted!

        Hit me with any favourite recipes, basically :)

        Lisa

        >From: Toby Atkin-Wright <toby@...>
        >To: Brighthelm@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Brighthelm] Christmas Feast
        >Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:50:42 +0000
        >
        >Cursus Apri will be hosting a Christmas Feast on Saturday 9 December, from
        >7pm.
        >
        >Since this feast is at our home, numbers are limited. There will be some
        >crash-space available. Please let us know as soon as possible if you'd
        >like to come and if you need somewhere to sleep.
        >
        >Cost: �8 per person (includes wine)
        >

        >Toby
        >

        ><< smime.p7s >>

        Windows Live� Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!
      • GARY KIRK
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006

          any space left for that one ?

          Amazing competition for unsigned bands with Live Sessions from MSN Spaces