Rachel Briggs

  • suz_jackson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2004
      Hello all.

      I am attemptiong to track down some information on Rachel BRIGGS.

      She is my 8-G-Grandmother.

      Here is what I know:

      b 16 MAR 1709

      Married Isaac COWGILL, Sr.

      I have that her father's name is John.

      Is this the same John BRIGGS who is a great-grandson of Clement
      BRIGGS?
      I noticed that someone posted his line down 4 generations. I am
      thinking that John is the son of William, who is the son of
      Jonathon/John who is the son of Clement.
      I am just not sure he is "my" John or the father of Rachel.

      Any information would be much appreciated.

      Thanks in advance,
      Suzanne Jackson
      Overland, MO
    • Dalejbrigs@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2004
        Ms. Jackson: Our John F. Briggs was born in 1786 and lived in Marion County, TN before migrating to MO c. 1837. Where he was born and what his antecedents were, we have not yet determined. He and his family moved on to AR c. 1840 and he died there.

        There isn't anything very helpful to you in that information, but it is about all I can tell you, other than the names of his children and other descendants.
                                Dale J. Briggs, Tulsa, OK