Re: [Briggs] Briggs Family in Indiana

  • Dalejbrigs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2003
      Sir or Madam:

      I'm sorry that I am not able to be of much help to you. The closest thing to a suggestion I can make to you is that you might start your search in North Carolina or that part of Tennessee which was carved out of NC.

      In my searching, I remember that a large number of Briggses resident in Rowan County, NC migrated to Indiana and Illinois in the early 1800s.

      If you can lay your hands on any old family Bibles, you may find birth records that would help. Birth records in NC may not date back to time of your grandmother's birth; if not go to the 1870, 1880, etc.. Census records and look for a Briggs family with a daughter named Madge.

      Good luck in your search.
                              Dale J. Briggs, Tulsa, OK