Briggs Family in Indiana

  • ptchilds2
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2003
      Am looking for information about the Briggs Family in Indiana,
      especially from Flora and Anderson, Indiana. My grandmother was
      Madge Briggs, she was born in the last quarter of the 19th Century.
      She had a brother named Bruce. She married Albert (sometimes called
      Jack) Trent. They had 4 boys, Charles (my father), John, Robert, and
      Joseph. Madge and Albert did not leave Indiana until sometime in the
      late 1930's or early forties. They had a farm during the Depression.
      I think Madge was born or at least grew up in Flora, Indiana. I
      don't have any more info, which is kind of pitiful since my middle
      name is Briggs. Hope someone can help me.
    • Dalejbrigs@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2003
        Sir or Madam:

        I'm sorry that I am not able to be of much help to you. The closest thing to a suggestion I can make to you is that you might start your search in North Carolina or that part of Tennessee which was carved out of NC.

        In my searching, I remember that a large number of Briggses resident in Rowan County, NC migrated to Indiana and Illinois in the early 1800s.

        If you can lay your hands on any old family Bibles, you may find birth records that would help. Birth records in NC may not date back to time of your grandmother's birth; if not go to the 1870, 1880, etc.. Census records and look for a Briggs family with a daughter named Madge.

        Good luck in your search.
                                Dale J. Briggs, Tulsa, OK