Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Thomas Briggs/Clara Todhunter

Expand Messages
  • Penny
    Can you get a census on Dollie Briggs Thomas Briggs Sister. I am try to see if it possible that Andrew Briggs will come up on the census she was born May 17,
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 17, 2002
    • 0 Attachment
      Can you get a census on Dollie Briggs Thomas Briggs Sister. I am try
      to see if it possible that Andrew Briggs will come up on the census
      she was born May 17, 1884 Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas as you
      have the date post here. I think possible the family was there in
      1880 census or the 1890 census. Thanks, Penny


      --- In Briggs@y..., "mbriggs6808" <mbriggs@i...> wrote:
      > 1920 Federal Census for Union Co., LeGrande, Oregan
      > Lakes Division St.
      > Thomas Briggs, age 37, b Missouri, father b IL, mother b TN
      > Clara Briggs, wife, age 33, b Iowa, father b IA, mother b IA
      > Charles Briggs, son, age 13, b Oklahoma
      > Letha Briggs, dau., age 10, b Oklahoma
      >
      > occupation for Thomas was laborer, owned his own home;
      >
      > SSDI
      > Thomas Briggs
      > b 5 March 1882
      > d Feb 1975
      > Res: 98611 Castle Rock, Cowlitz, Washington
      > issued: b/4 1955 Oregon
      >
      > Info from D. Tinney:
      > Tom Briggs b 5 Mar 1882; d 24 Feb 1975; son of Andrew and Frances
      (Younger) Briggs; Tom Briggs mar. Clara Todhunter 5 Mar 1905;
      Andrew Briggs was b 1828 in Illinois; Frances Marion Younger was born
      1847 in Tennessee. Andrew and Frances Briggs also had Charles b 13
      April 1880 and Dollie b 17 May 1884. Andrew Briggs d 1919 in
      Wellington Oklahoma. Charles Briggs d 21 May 1952.
    • jay tinney
      ... try ... i went into the census for 1880 sedgewick county, kansas and only found a thomas briggs aged 25 yrs. in 1880 and 1882 according to birthdates of
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 18, 2002
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In Briggs@y..., "Penny " <penny_pansy@h...> wrote:
        > Can you get a census on Dollie Briggs Thomas Briggs Sister. I am
        try
        > to see if it possible that Andrew Briggs will come up on the census
        > she was born May 17, 1884 Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas as you
        > have the date post here. I think possible the family was there in
        > 1880 census or the 1890 census. Thanks, Penny
        > penney,
        i went into the census for 1880 sedgewick county, kansas and only
        found a thomas briggs aged 25 yrs. in 1880 and 1882 according to
        birthdates of charles and thomas (brothers ) andrew and frances
        briggs were living in cedar county , missouri. unable to locate
        briggs in sedgewick county , kansas in 1890. i don't know where to go
        from there , but am still searching.
        always on the hunt,
        jay
        >
        > --- In Briggs@y..., "mbriggs6808" <mbriggs@i...> wrote:
        > > 1920 Federal Census for Union Co., LeGrande, Oregan
        > > Lakes Division St.
        > > Thomas Briggs, age 37, b Missouri, father b IL, mother b TN
        > > Clara Briggs, wife, age 33, b Iowa, father b IA, mother b IA
        > > Charles Briggs, son, age 13, b Oklahoma
        > > Letha Briggs, dau., age 10, b Oklahoma
        > >
        > > occupation for Thomas was laborer, owned his own home;
        > >
        > > SSDI
        > > Thomas Briggs
        > > b 5 March 1882
        > > d Feb 1975
        > > Res: 98611 Castle Rock, Cowlitz, Washington
        > > issued: b/4 1955 Oregon
        > >
        > > Info from D. Tinney:
        > > Tom Briggs b 5 Mar 1882; d 24 Feb 1975; son of Andrew and Frances
        > (Younger) Briggs; Tom Briggs mar. Clara Todhunter 5 Mar 1905;
        > Andrew Briggs was b 1828 in Illinois; Frances Marion Younger was
        born
        > 1847 in Tennessee. Andrew and Frances Briggs also had Charles b 13
        > April 1880 and Dollie b 17 May 1884. Andrew Briggs d 1919 in
        > Wellington Oklahoma. Charles Briggs d 21 May 1952.
      • Penny
        Why I ask is because I found this!!! Ashley Clark s Ancestors Entries: 10327 Updated: Mon Apr 9 14:00:06 2001 Contact: Herb Clark ... Index | Descendancy
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 19, 2002
        • 0 Attachment
          Why I ask is because I found this!!!

          Ashley Clark's Ancestors
          Entries: 10327 Updated: Mon Apr 9 14:00:06 2001 Contact: Herb
          Clark

          ----------------------------------------------------------------------
          ----------

          Index | Descendancy | Register | Add Post-em

          ----------------------------------------------------------------------
          ----------

          ID: I318
          Name: Andrew BRIGGS
          Given Name: Andrew
          Surname: BRIGGS
          Sex: M

          Marriage 1 Francis Marion YOUNGER
          Children
          Dollie Mae BRIGGS b: 17 MAY 1884 in Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas








          --- In Briggs@y..., "jay tinney" <jay_tinney@y...> wrote:
          > --- In Briggs@y..., "Penny " <penny_pansy@h...> wrote:
          > > Can you get a census on Dollie Briggs Thomas Briggs Sister. I am
          > try
          > > to see if it possible that Andrew Briggs will come up on the
          census
          > > she was born May 17, 1884 Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas as you
          > > have the date post here. I think possible the family was there in
          > > 1880 census or the 1890 census. Thanks, Penny
          > > penney,
          > i went into the census for 1880 sedgewick county, kansas and only
          > found a thomas briggs aged 25 yrs. in 1880 and 1882 according to
          > birthdates of charles and thomas (brothers ) andrew and frances
          > briggs were living in cedar county , missouri. unable to locate
          > briggs in sedgewick county , kansas in 1890. i don't know where to
          go
          > from there , but am still searching.
          > always on the hunt,
          > jay
          > >
          > > --- In Briggs@y..., "mbriggs6808" <mbriggs@i...> wrote:
          > > > 1920 Federal Census for Union Co., LeGrande, Oregan
          > > > Lakes Division St.
          > > > Thomas Briggs, age 37, b Missouri, father b IL, mother b TN
          > > > Clara Briggs, wife, age 33, b Iowa, father b IA, mother b IA
          > > > Charles Briggs, son, age 13, b Oklahoma
          > > > Letha Briggs, dau., age 10, b Oklahoma
          > > >
          > > > occupation for Thomas was laborer, owned his own home;
          > > >
          > > > SSDI
          > > > Thomas Briggs
          > > > b 5 March 1882
          > > > d Feb 1975
          > > > Res: 98611 Castle Rock, Cowlitz, Washington
          > > > issued: b/4 1955 Oregon
          > > >
          > > > Info from D. Tinney:
          > > > Tom Briggs b 5 Mar 1882; d 24 Feb 1975; son of Andrew and
          Frances
          > > (Younger) Briggs; Tom Briggs mar. Clara Todhunter 5 Mar 1905;
          > > Andrew Briggs was b 1828 in Illinois; Frances Marion Younger was
          > born
          > > 1847 in Tennessee. Andrew and Frances Briggs also had Charles b
          13
          > > April 1880 and Dollie b 17 May 1884. Andrew Briggs d 1919 in
          > > Wellington Oklahoma. Charles Briggs d 21 May 1952.
        • jay tinney
          Penny wrote: Why I ask is because I found this!!! Ashley Clark s Ancestors Entries: 10327 Updated: Mon Apr 9 14:00:06 2001
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 19, 2002
          • 0 Attachment

             

             Penny <penny_pansy@...> wrote:

            Why I ask is because I found this!!!

            Ashley Clark's Ancestors
            Entries: 10327    Updated: Mon Apr 9 14:00:06 2001    Contact: Herb
            Clark 

            ----------------------------------------------------------------------
            ----------

            Index | Descendancy | Register | Add Post-em

            ----------------------------------------------------------------------
            ----------

            ID: I318
            Name: Andrew BRIGGS
            Given Name: Andrew
            Surname: BRIGGS
            Sex: M

            Marriage 1 Francis Marion YOUNGER
            Children
            Dollie Mae BRIGGS b: 17 MAY 1884 in Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas

            Midwest Historical &

            Genealogical Society

            Wichita, Kansas

            INDEX to the 1900

            U. S. Federal Census

            Sedgwick County, Kansas

             

            BRIGGS, FRANCIS            CHARLES, THOMAS, DOLLIE MAY                  281-13b      WARD 2 PCT 3 285

            penny,

            this is what i found. apparently, being francis is listed as head of household, andrew was not listed. possibly they were separated ? this was actually the second marriage for francis marion briggs (younger).

            still looking into where andrew went.

            jay

                     





            --- In Briggs@y..., "jay tinney" <jay_tinney@y...> wrote:
            > --- In Briggs@y..., "Penny " <penny_pansy@h...> wrote:
            > > Can you get a census on Dollie Briggs Thomas Briggs Sister. I am
            > try
            > > to see if it possible that Andrew Briggs will come up on the
            census
            > > she was born May 17, 1884 Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas as you
            > > have the date post here. I think possible the family was there in
            > > 1880 census or the 1890 census. Thanks, Penny
            > > penney,
            > i went into the census for 1880 sedgewick county, kansas and only
            > found a thomas briggs aged 25 yrs. in 1880 and 1882 according to
            > birthdates of charles and thomas (brothers ) andrew and frances
            > briggs were living in cedar county , missouri. unable to locate
            > briggs in sedgewick county , kansas in 1890. i don't know where to
            go
            > from there , but am still searching.
            >   always on the hunt,
            >



            Do you Yahoo!?
            Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site

          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.