Utah, Mi, Oregon, New York and so on.

  • penny_pansy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2002
      I found a hole new gang of Briggs that link to me thou my mother
      side. But my Briggs name came from MI and New York. I what to know if
      anyone here realit to the Utah, England Briggs? I am now two way link
      to the Briggs by Blood by great grand mother and father but also thou
      my mothers side. Thanks. If you need more info I can give it.
    • Dalejbrigs@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2002
        There were Mormon Briggses in TN in the early 1800s, who may have migrated with Joseph Smith and Brigham to Salt Lake City. That's as much as I know about it and have no idea at this point if I am related to them. My ancestors migrated from TN to MO and I know that Joseph Smith's followers spent some time in MO, but were pretty much driven out by hostile elements.

                                                                     Dale Briggs
      • penny_pansy
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2002
          --- In Briggs@y..., Dalejbrigs@a... wrote:
          > There were Mormon Briggses in TN in the early 1800s, who may have
          migrated
          > with Joseph Smith and Brigham to Salt Lake City. That's as much as
          I know
          > about it and have no idea at this point if I am related to them. My
          ancestors
          > migrated from TN to MO and I know that Joseph Smith's followers
          spent some
          > time in MO, but were pretty much driven out by hostile elements.
          >
          > Dale
          Briggs

          Yes that the same family! I have been slow learn of them as some
          other Briggs are tie in to my family that right now are not link to
          my father as am still try to find were Charles C. Briggs Father came
          from. But it sort of net I now run in two differnt Briggs family and
          the are both blood to me. Take Care Dale. :) Penny
        • Sarah Taylor-Arnold
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
            Looking for Samuel Briggs, who married Lucy Sampson (b. 1804), daughter of Isaac Sampson.  Samuel's son, George Nixon Briggs, maried Ellen Russell Lowell, daughter of Phoebe Ann Howell.  Do you have any connections?

            Sarah.
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 13, 2002
              Yes, Sarah, I have a few connections, but none that I think could help your search. Keep digging.

                                                                           Dale