Briggs in Schuyler Co, MO

  • Deborah
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2005
      Can anyone add more info on this family? I am looking for info in
      particular on Robert Wroe Briggs. He had adoopted my great
      grandfather, Bert Austin Briggs. I've seen R.W.'s home in Downing or
      Lancaster at one time but that was about it. I had gone to the depot
      where they have some info on the DANIELS and BRIGGS families that I
      am interested in but did not have the $20 "DONATION" they had
      requested so I walked away with nothing. It was a bittersweet trip
      that I will never forget...tornadoes and all. I should mention that
      this trip was probably 4 or 5 years ago and except for that one
      particular experience, the people were absolutely lovely!

      I do have quite a bit more detailed info than this that I have
      submitted below but it is on another computer.

      Thanks for any info!
      Deborah Elam
      MsNavalCPO@...

      Husband: Bert Austin Briggs
      Birthdate: September 13, 1887
      Birthplace: Lancaster, Missouri
      Death date: June 28, 1968
      Place of death:
      Father: Robert Wroe Briggs
      Mother: Lydia E. (?)Masters

      Marriage date: September 14, 1907
      Marriage place: Lancaster, Missouri

      Wife: Adah Daniels
      Birthdate: July 30, 1889
      Birthplace: RFD Schuyler Co., Missouri
      Death date: September 15, 1976
      Place of death: Belwood Nursing Home, Peoria, Illinois
      Father: Ulysses Eugene Daniels
      Mother: Josephine Griggs

      CHILDREN

      Child No. 1: Dorthea Maxine Briggs
      Sex: F
      Birthdate: May 30, 1909
      Birthplace:
      Death date: 19??
      Place of death:
      Marriage date: September 27, 1928
      Marriage place:
      Spouse's name: Floyd Searle, Linus Mies, Raymond Croisant

      Child No. 2: Lydia Josephine Briggs
      Sex: F
      Birthdate: June 14, 1911
      Birthplace: Linn Co., Bucklin, Missouri
      Death date: October 28, 1974
      Place of death:
      Marriage date: February (or Oct?) 14, 1933
      Marriage place:
      Spouse's name: Michael Antonacci

      Child No. 3: Roxie Juanita Briggs
      Sex: F
      Birthdate: May 7, 1913
      Birthplace: Badger Co., Badger, S. Dakota
      Death date: September 28, 2000
      Place of death: Rose Garden Nursing Home (?), Peoria, Illinois
      Marriage date: October 14, 1933
      Marriage place:
      Spouse's name: Sylvester Joseph Entrican

      Child No. 4: (Living)
      Sex: M
      Birthdate:
      Birthplace:
      Death date:
      Place of death:
      Marriage date:
      Marriage place:
      Spouse's name:

      Child No. 5: Donald Elmore Briggs
      Sex: M
      Birthdate: July 23, 1920
      Birthplace: Hanna City, Illinois
      Death date: October 13, 1964
      Place of death: Blue Island Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
      Marriage date: August 17, 1941
      Marriage place:
      Spouse's name: (Living)

      Child No. 6: (Living)
      Sex: M
      Birthdate:
      Birthplace:
      Death date:
      Place of death:
      Marriage date:
      Marriage place:
      Spouse's name:

      Child No. 7: (Living)
      Sex: M
      Birthdate:
      Birthplace:
      Death date:
      Place of death:
      Marriage date:
      Marriage place:
      Spouse's name:

      Child No. 8: Vada Mae Briggs
      Sex: F
      Birthdate: July 2, 1924
      Birthplace: Fairbury, Illinois
      Death date: June 1964
      Place of death: Killed in accident in Motley, Minnesota by Staples
      Marriage date: October 31, 1942
      Marriage place:
      Spouse's name: (Living?)

      Child No. 8: Ada Ruth Briggs
      Sex: F
      Birthdate: June 4, 1925
      Birthplace: Fairbury, Illinois
      Death date: October 23, 1976
      Place of death: Peoria (?), Illinois
      Marriage date: October 4, 1942
      Marriage place:
      Spouse's name: Robert Dean Hovey

      Documentation: Bert Austin Briggs was adopted by R.W.(Bob) and Lydia
      Briggs. He was left on their porch with $1,000.00 cash as a baby. He
      lived there several years before they adopted him. All information
      was
      provided by Roxie Juanita Briggs (now deceased) both orally and
      visually
      from newspaper clippings and writings in her Bible.
    • Deborah
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2005

      • Dalejbrigs@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 19, 2005
          `Sorry, but I can't help. I can take my branch of the Briggs family which settled in Maries, Gasconade counties and vicinity. The patriarch John F. Briggs was born in NC or possibly VA c. 1786 and moved to MO perhaps as early as 1818. He, James Y Briggs & wife, Margaret Shockley, daughter of Richard Shockley and Ann Bowman, and Andrew J. Briggs migrated definitely to MO c. 1837 from Marion County, TN.

          If you encounter any connection with those persons, I can supply quite a bit more detail Good luck in your quest.

          IN GOD WE TRUST,
          Dale  Briggs
          Tulsa, OK
          918-481-3520