Winter Truce, Old Bedford Village, Jan. 11-13, 2008

  • kenhall1207
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
      Ladies and Gentlemen,
      I have just finished talking with Roger at Old Bedford and he
      has confirmed the primary date of the weekend of Jan. 11-13, 2008
      for our Winter Truce program. The alternate date, in case of poor
      road conditions, will be Feb. 8-10, 2008.
      Jan and I will be in the village starting on the evening of
      Thur., the 10th, so as to be able to keep up with the conditions
      there and update anyone who wishes to call and check, ph# 330-360-
      8640. That is assuming that the roads are passable for the event. IF
      NOT the change of dates will be announced on this forum as soon as
      it becomes appearent that we must postpone.
      Roger has promised a supply of wood and the facilities of the
      Visitor Center open for us. I will need an count of participants
      from each unit for housing and for the Sat. evening meal. So far the
      interested units are: 15th Hussars, Cav. of the Reserve, Kiev
      Grens.,
      95th Rifles, 3rd of the Line and the 42nd Highlanders and possibly
      our Regency friends. All Brigade units and/or individuals are, of
      course invited. And please remember, this will only be a "go" on the
      Jan. date if the roads are good.
      As far as program goes this will be a low key event, with the
      Sat. meal in the Tavern being the major part of the weekend. If you
      wish to drill, hold discussion groups or seminars, work on kit, hold
      unit meetings or just play games, that is all fine. Give me your
      suggestions and I will put together a program. We are looking at
      Sun. morning for check out so everyone can be on the road early.
      Except for the Sat. supper you will be responsible for your
      own cooking during the weekend (or a trip to Denny's, which ever
      suits you). BYOB to ring in the late New Year and any music you have
      for the season. Jan and I will work on the cost details for the
      supper and let you know that closer to the date. Any and all kitchen
      help will be appreciated on Sat.

      Ken Hall, President Brigade Napoleon.
    • HQ93rd@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
        Sorry to say that is the same weekend as the annual Battle of New Orleans event.
        Drat!
        Lt Col B
        93rd Highlanders

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:BrigadeNapoleon-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:BrigadeNapoleon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Ken Hall
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
          Benton,
              Nice to hear from you and as usual, we can't miss them all. Maybe we will end up going on the Feb. date and you could still make it.

             Ken Hall

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/BrigadeNap oleon/

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/BrigadeNap oleon/join