Shurflo Pumps

  • don_brown93
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
      Looking at bidding on a pump on E-Bay. I know March pumps are the
      choice of homebrewers. Looked at the new Williams cat. and they are
      selling Shurflo pumps. I havent really heard anything on these pumps
      like you hear on March pumps. Anyone have any good or negative
      feedback on the Shurflo pumps? Don
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
        I work for an espresso equipment and supply company (who sells on ebay
        too) and Shurflo is about all we sell. We don't really hear about any
        too many problems with them and I've thought about employing them for
        brewing before but don't have the kind of equipment that would call
        for that at the moment. But they are very reliable for espresso and of
        course widely used for RV and Marine applications.

        Dave

        --- In BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com, "don_brown93" <Hogcrewer@...>
        wrote:

        > Looking at bidding on a pump on E-Bay. I know March pumps are the
        > choice of homebrewers. Looked at the new Williams cat. and they are
        > selling Shurflo pumps. I havent really heard anything on these pumps
        > like you hear on March pumps. Anyone have any good or negative
        > feedback on the Shurflo pumps? Don

      • Denis Barsalo
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
          I guess it really depends on the model and its specs.

          Most Shurflo products are aimed at the RV and Marine industry, designed to pump
          potable water at room temperature.

          If all you want to do is pump cooled wort, then no problem. But if you want to
          pump hot wort coming out of your lauter tun or kettle, I'm not sure a diaphragm
          pump is the best choice.

          The two models I have seen for handling that process are March and Little Giant,
          both magnetically coupled.

          I would pay close attention to specs; especially heat tolerance.

          Denis

          Looking at bidding on a pump on E-Bay. I know March pumps are the choice of
          homebrewers. Looked at the new Williams cat. and they are selling Shurflo
          pumps. I havent really heard anything on these pumps like you hear on March
          pumps. Anyone have any good or negative feedback on the Shurflo pumps? Don

          More members means more expertise! Please invite friends, mention us in your
          email signature line, and add a link to us on your website. THANKS!
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Bob Tower