Re: [BrewEquip] Conical fermenters for small batches?

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 56 , Mar 1, 2006
      Jerry,

      I am located in Detroit, too.

      There is a company in Toledo, OH called "Toledo Metal Spinning".

      http://www.toledometalspinning.com

      They have the stainless steel conicals. I am interested in purchasing
      a couple of 12.2 gallon units. The price drops from $170 to $128 each
      when purchasing at least 5 of them. If I can get a commitment from a
      few people, I will go down an pick them up myself.

      Flat Lid = $44
      Domed Lid = $79

      I have a flat lid on my current conical and it seems to do just fine.

      Joe

      --- In BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com, jerry <jerryboy386@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Mark, I love the Stainless steel fermenters in the picture. where
      can I get some...

      > Jerry from detroit.
      >
      > Frosty The BeerMan <allgrainbrewer@...> wrote:
      > Hi Steve,
      >
      > Nope I'm located in snowy and very cold Canada.....
      >
      > I have an aunt that lives in Detroit though, in Lincoln Park in
      fact.

      > Those conicals are already fermenters :-) .. I put a time stamp
      on the images, - those images you saw were taken
      > last year.
      >
      > I bought those last year.... and they are not working conies, but
      are in storage
      > at the moment.
      >
      > Here is batch #2 of the conicals, here you see I have added water
      to them to see how much they would
      > take:
      >
      > http://www.detroitgrillking.com/frosty/conicals-2/
      >
      > By the way, the Brew Board is down, has been for almost a week and
      1/2 now, who else is going nuts ? !,
      > I have major beer discussion withdrawl ! argh ! :-(
      >
      > More pictures to follow, if you want to see 'em.
      >
      > Mark in Canada

      us in your email signature line, and add a link to us on your website.
      THANKS!

      > Beer brewing equipment Homebrewing

      Service.

      Message 56 of 56 , Apr 18, 2006