Re: What kind of a keg is this?

  • dlogcher
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
      > I just posted a picture for an unusual keg that I am hoping to identify so I can find more lids and clamps (have a couple more that need them). The picture is posted in a picture folder on this groups site by the same name as the subject ("What kind of a keg is this?" address below). I'm hoping to get a name for it so I can check the internet or the long shot is someone in the group has some parts.
      >
      > I've been told two things so far. One is that it was some kind of older soda container. The second is that it is some kind of dairy container. The picture does not show it but there is standard hardware on the back side so I have connected corny stuff to it. Also a nice size at about 2 gallons.

      This looks like an old milk tank. I have a few Taylor softserve
      syrup tanks that have a ball-lock liquid connection. I was able to
      make the gas connection into a corney post, so they are good to go.

      --
      Dan
    • Jeff Pitblado
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
        On 12/1/2011 8:57 AM, dlogcher wrote:
        > This looks like an old milk tank. I have a few Taylor softserve
        > syrup tanks that have a ball-lock liquid connection. I was able to
        > make the gas connection into a corney post, so they are good to go.

        Where did you pick your up? A buddy of mine has one as well & I'd like
        to pick up a couple. I think having a couple 1 gallon tanks with ball
        lock posts (out anyways) would be pretty handy.
      • dlogcher
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
          --- In BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Pitblado <lists@...> wrote:

          > On 12/1/2011 8:57 AM, dlogcher wrote:
          > > This looks like an old milk tank. I have a few Taylor softserve
          > > syrup tanks that have a ball-lock liquid connection. I was able to
          > > make the gas connection into a corney post, so they are good to go.
          >
          > Where did you pick your up? A buddy of mine has one as well & I'd like
          > to pick up a couple. I think having a couple 1 gallon tanks with ball
          > lock posts (out anyways) would be pretty handy.

          I got them all off eBay. I got 2 of the 1 gallon tanks about 3 years
          ago and haven't seen any since. Taylor won't sell the tank without the
          machine, which seems pretty stupid to me. I recently got 3 of the 2 gallon
          tanks off eBay, I think last year. They appear once in a great while.

          Post a picture of what you have, I've seen a lot of different types
          of kegs.

          --
          Dan