Re: Vacuum seal bags.

  • Rick Stidham
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
      I tried to use the Ziploc vacuum seal product as well (it was around $4).  Did not work whatsoever.  I think the dust from the hops pellets I was trying to seal was the problem.

      I too bought a FoodSaver (which I recently broke; my fault) and have been exceedingly happy with it.  There are some good deals for them online.  I think I paid $70 at buy.com.
    • Ken McCracken
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
        I freeze ten grams of pellets at a time in ice cube trays, letting a small amount of water soak in and then tamping down a couple times, transferring to freezer bags when solid. The hops don't seem to degrade at all this way. If the cubes are a compact shape, the volume about doubles.

        Ken