Re: [BrewEquip] Good cheap pelitiers are out their needing only heat sinks and a 6V 10 Amp (junked commputer power supply)

  • sharpstik
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
      fermentation cooling.

      doubtfire <tunnelrider@...> wrote:

      > in the brew process, how are they used?

    • doubtfire
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
        So, after finishing the cooking operations we would put the kettle on this 'plate' to speed cooling? I've always put my kettle into a bucket of ice and then run a coil through the mash, a little messy. Does this pelitier method really speed the cooling significantly? Is it sort of the 'conventional method' and I just didn't know about it until now? Always looking for ways to improve(like most of us).

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
          NOOOO!

           http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1229/6309647/12253703/268271711.jpg

           is used to chill the carboy during fermentation ! To attain and keep temp at 68 degrees here in humid florida achieved by putting carboy in insulated chamber chilled by peltier device it the top controlled by Johnson A-19 controller

          http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1229/6309647/12253703/355146342.jpg

          Yodar

          "The contest for ages has been to rescue
          liberty from the grasp of executive power."
          Daniel Webster

          From: doubtfire <tunnelrider@...>

        • beercity23@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
            Could you get the temperature low enough to lager?

            From: Joe Strain aka Yodar <cz52_99@...>
            Sender: BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 08:21:19 -0700 (PDT)
            To: BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com<BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com

            From: doubtfire <tunnelrider@...>

            So, after finishing the cooking operations we would put the kettle on this 'plate' to speed cooling? I've always put my kettle into a bucket of ice and then run a coil through the mash, a little messy. Does this pelitier method really speed the cooling significantly? Is it sort of the 'conventional method' and I just didn't know about it until now? Always looking for ways to improve(like most of us).

          • Rob Adams
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
              Yodar - How well did that work for you? I am thinking about building a cabinet to hold 6 carboys.

              From: doubtfire <tunnelrider@...>

              --
              Rob
            • doubtfire
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
                aww yess, thanks Joe.

                From: doubtfire <tunnelrider@...>

                So, after finishing the cooking operations we would put the kettle on this 'plate' to speed cooling? I've always put my kettle into a bucket of ice and then run a coil through the mash, a little messy. Does this pelitier method really speed the cooling significantly? Is it sort of the 'conventional method' and I just didn't know about it until now? Always looking for ways to improve(like most of us).

              • Joe Strain aka Yodar
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 1, 2011
                  The peltier shifts on and of infrequently after running balls to the wall for 2 days.

                  It would need two or more additional units to drop another 15 degrees from 68

                  THAT is refrigeration. I am chilling!

                  From: doubtfire <tunnelrider@...>