Environmental Control Chamber

  • Bob DeVivo
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      I purchased a brand new environmental control chamber from the State of Illinois surplus auction to ferment in. It creates a precision controlled environment inside a large stainless steel chamber. It cools, heats, controls humidity. I figured it would work great for fermentations and would also make a great hop dryer this fall.

      The problem? The dang thing is freakin' huge! I underestimated how big it would be. It's nearly 8 feet tall, four feet deep and four feet wide. There is no way I'd be able to get this to my brewing area.

      I will post some pictures in the photos section.

      If anyone is intereseted in this thing, and can pick it up in Springfield, Illinois, please let me know ASAP. I will sell it to you for exactly what I paid for it. $280. I still think it would be awesome for year round brewing, and it's probably worth a whole lot more than what I paid--I just don't have the space for it. The auction description said Lunaire, but the front door says Revco.

      Once again, here is the description from the web site:

      (From http://ibid.illinois.gov )

      New Lunaire Environmental Stability Test Chamber, model# RTC 30-99D, serial# 31919-02, comes with manual, 1-pair of keys, Dimensions-7'4"h X 40"w X 35"d,
      Design features required for present and future ICH (International Committee for Harmonization) guidelines for stability testing conditions
      Vapor-tight interiors made of 18-gauge stainless steel that is continuously welded under inert gas
      Solid, stainless steel shelves are capable of holding up to 135 pounds and are easily removed for cleaning
      Horizontal recirculation conditioning system allows flexibility in shelf-loading patterns
      Temperature is measured by a highly reliable platinum RTD sensor
      A Waltow controller provides automatic or manual chamber control with digital selection and indication of actual conditions.

      Please let me know ASAP if you are interested in it or if you'd like more information. I'm going to try to get some pictures put in the pictures area of this group.

      I apologize for cross-posting this to both the Brewing Equipment group and the brew group, but I think that finding someone who wants this might be a longshot.

      Thanks!

      Bob D. in Central IL.
    • Denis Barsalo
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2009
        Could you not just leave it outside near your brewing area?