Re: [BrewEquip] Brewing metallurgy question

  • Maurice St. Aude
    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 1, 2009
      Check out the metallurgy episode of Brew Strong on the Brewing Network - it has all the info you need. I use aluminum to brew in as well, just do not use a lot of PWB to clean the the pot and do not clean it to gleaming metal after each brew. You need that nice grey layer of oxidation - if it is shiny boil a couple of gallons of water in the kettle a few times to develop that nice oxidation layer, otherwise you might notice so very subtle metallic flavors.
      Maurice

      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 2, 2009
        Try looking for "beer stone". Guess it's an old term.

        http://www.google.com/search?q=beer+stone&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

        --
        Mike Schwartz
        Beer Barons of Milwaukee