Re: How to insulate a mash tun heated with a propane burner

  • Fred L Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2008
      --- In BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com, stencil <etcs.ret@...> wrote:

      > JC Whatnot (and I presume parts stores everywhere) sells as
      > "Heat/Sound Insulation" flame-retardant fabric batts faced
      > with foil (not aluminized mylar.)
      > gds, stencil

      JC Whatnot?
    • stencil
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
        On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 13:03:43 +0000,
        in [BrewEquip] Digest Number 611
        Fred L Johnson wrote:

        >[ ... ]]
        >JC Whatnot?

        http://www.jcwhitney.com/HEAT-SOUND-INSULATION/GP_2010475_N_111+10201+600002669_10101.jcw

        gds, stencil
      • Richard Adamson
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
          --- In BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com, "Fred L Johnson" wrote:
          <snip>
          > JC Whatnot?

          Sure - I got it; JC Whitney (.com) - Automotive, heck anything
          vehicular, parts and accessories; around for many years. EVERYthing is
          there.

          In addition, I found some stuff called FyreWrap to do the job too;
          rather expensive though. The Whitney Heat/Sound Insulation sounds
          like decent stuff for the moeny. I have a separate turkey fryer type
          kettle I use for my HLT that I think I'll wrap with this stuff.

          Cheers!
          Rick