Constructing a 'Beer Line Cleaner'

  • Bill Velek
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008
      I came upon this link in my Grow-Hops group and I think it's worthwhile
      posting it here: http://www.obeer.org/linecleaner.html

      Cheers.

      Bill Velek
    • t2000kwt
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2008
        --- In BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com, Bill Velek <billvelek@...> wrote:

        > I came upon this link in my Grow-Hops group and I think it's worthwhile
        > posting it here: http://www.obeer.org/linecleaner.html

        Finally!!! A good use for my garden sprayer that I used to use DDT and
        Chlordane in. :-)
      • dlogcher
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2008
          --- In BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com, Bill Velek <billvelek@...> wrote:

          > I came upon this link in my Grow-Hops group and I think it's worthwhile
          > posting it here: http://www.obeer.org/linecleaner.html

          Got one better.. I used the corney plug adaptor that is mounted
          thru the side of a bucket. I used a 3/8" to 1/4" MFL tubing
          adaptor, the barbed end runs to a small fountain pump.

          I fill the bucket with BLC and hot water, connect the ball-lock
          disconnect to it, stick the bucket under the tap and plug in the
          pump power. It pumps BLC thru the line and out the tap. I let it
          run for about 10 minutes, then flush with clean hot water.

          http://bluefish.mit.edu/photos/beer/Ball-lock%20Line%20Cleaner%20001.jpg
          http://bluefish.mit.edu/photos/beer/Ball-lock%20Line%20Cleaner%20002.jpg

          I think I could use a faster pump. This one is a Beckett 165 GPH and
          seems to trickle a bit. I also use the pump to recirculate icewater
          thru my IC.

          --
          Dan