March Pumps

  • surfsupks
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
      I have been using March Pumps for years and the one type I use is the
      March 809 HS pl. I had to save to buy the first one around 143.00
      but the price has come down alot in the past years. More Beer has
      the same pump at 129.00 free shipping in the US. Also check E/bay
      thats where I bought the last ones for less than a 100.00.

      Fact this pump will not pump air, even when you think you have it
      purged there can be a small volume of air catch in the pump chamber.
      If you add a air bleed valve where you can purge the air you be
      amazed of the volume of increase of the pump.
      They are not hard to add. I like to rotate the pump head, the in
      side of the pump head is now at the 12 oclock position the out side
      is at
      6 oclock I hard pipe all my system but this will work with hose hook
      up also. Starting at the in side think of T fitting layed on its
      side. The liquid comes in on the stem of the T takes a right turn
      which if hooked to the pump the other side of the T is now at the 12
      oclock position take is up a short distance to 90 degree fitting
      pointing to your right short distance to another 90 degree fitting
      which is pointing down to ball valve.

      How is works you charge the pump liquid comes into the stem of the T
      into the pump chamber start the pump and stop the trapped air will
      rise up thru the T to the ball valve which up open and bleed the
      trapped air off shut the valve and start the pump again. Play with
      the bleed valve and you learn how much to bleed off.

      One last thing with Magnetic drive pumps you can reduce the out put
      of the pump as much as like.. Never Never the IN side

      Hope this helps if not send an e/mail and I will get the Big Chief
      tablel out and draw a picture and send it back.
      PS you also can add a T to outside of the pump head going out the
      stem of the T and go down to another ball valve so you can drain the
      pump head when your done pumping

      Kansas Swagman
      Its never too Early only Late
    • javatown_us
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
        I"m getting close to hooking up a pump for my new brewstand. Any
        chance of getting a picture(s) of your design?
        Thanks.

        --- In BrewingEquipment@yahoogroups.com, "surfsupks"

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2005
          There is several 809 HS Pumps on E/bay right now..

          Search under March Pump.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2005
            Shhhh!!! unless you are selling them ;)