Re: Aging Ales

  • Paul E. Nordlie
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
      I will let the fermentation go thru its paces and after it's done
      shock the yeast by dropping the temp to 40*f and then let it set at
      that for as long as I wish before kegging. I've let it go as long as
      6 weeks befor kegging and conditining (forced) and have gotten very
      good results. The nice thing about shocking the yeast is that it
      drops out faster and you get a clearer beer.

      My 2 cents, Paul aka Linerider