To Anne and others

  • michaela_kurz@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2001
      Hi,

      Anne, I feel that your case shows some similarities to mine, so I
      hope to benefit from your experiences.

      I had a tumor in the Sylvian fissure at the age of 18, together with
      an teleangiectetic (??) angioma, both of which were removed. The
      tumor could not be classified back then in 1985 and was finally
      diagnosed as a metastasis of an osteosarcoma. No primary tumor was
      found, no treatment.

      Now, at the age of 35, I had a local recurrence. The tumor was
      completely removed (it was difficult) and now again, the diagnose is
      not completely clear, but it was now diagnosed as a papillary
      meningioma (it is called "aggressive").

      During the last weeks, I have surfed the web up and down. I feel that
      it's not over yet and I need to do something. Your article gave me
      some courage, though.

      I have high hormone levels of testosterone, prolactin and probably
      progesterone. This might have something to do with it. Couldn't it be
      that of all the patients who received antiprogesterons the ones that
      benefitted were the ones that had high levels of progesterone before?

      Is there any therapy you would recommend (although the tumor was
      completely removed, but I believe it was also completely removed last
      time)? What options do I have?

      my very best wishes

      Michaela