For BTAW Vigil: Send in your name or the name of your loved one

  • anne91547@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2001
      Dear Brain Tumor Friends, (please forward to all bt lists),

      Please go to this website to look up the NABTC legislative sessions and
      special gatherings, like the BT Candlelight Vigil and the BT People's Rally
      http://www.paonline.com/nmlarson/

      As Brain Tumor Awareness Week is fast approaching, May 6-12, 2001, the Brain
      Activists would like to remind you to send in the names of those you wish to
      be honored at the special public Candlelight Vigil, the evening of May 7th,
      at the Netherlands Carillon in Washington, DC near Arlington National
      Cemetery.
      As each individual's name is read, a candle will be lit.

      This vigil is for the whole brain tumor community--for those fighting the
      beast and for all those we have lost to brain disease.   We want to honor you
      all and all yours.
      For those not able to attend Brain Tumor Awareness Week in Washington, DC, we
      look forward to recognizing each individual's battle in fighting the beasts,
      and living with the threats of a brain tumor, or its recurrence and the risks
      of current standard treatments, as we are all one community.
      Please feel free to send:
           -your name, the name of your brain tumor survivor or angel,
           -a short statement (a sentence or two) you would like read in honor
            of them or your own survivorship
           -your choice of reader at the vigil or one will be appointed

      The name and statement should be E-mailed to Laurie Moldenhauer at
      lmtron@...

      The readers to date are: Tara Antongiorgi, Dona Ross, Samantha Jane
      Scolamiero, Sheryl Shetsky, Marcia Nass, Lisa Hill, Paul McKay, Shannon
      O'Brien, John Ott, and Anne McGinnis Breen.   Additional readers may be added
      as needed.

      We, Brain Activists are looking forward to this bt community event, involving
      the
      entire brain tumor community around the whole world, whether you are there
      personally or recognized at the vigil, you will be in our thoughts and
      prayers.

      The total national number of brain tumor survivors in the USA is still
      unknown. Please urge your congressman to vote for HR239 so that we will be
      counted and current long-term treatment outcomes can be accurately compared
      and the need for additional treatment and care for all survivors of brain
      tumor injury can be documented and improved.
       "OUR MEDICAL BATTLE STORIES WILL BE HEARD IF UNITED IN ONE VOICE"

      I am bringing BTAWeek Proclamations from the Mayors of Oro Valley and Tucson
      and the Governor of Arizona.  President Bush and his "strategic missile
      commanders of national security" need to be made aware of how many different
      brain tumor battle survivors we are and the grave costs of lost lives, young
      and old, that we suffer in the current medical battle with brain disease and
      cancer in North America.

      Our own challenge is to get our government to evaluate, address and fund
      significant medical research, provide "state of the art" health care for all
      and find a cure, not just "early warning" or new deterrent systems for the
      "real and present" national security danger from biological, chemical and
      unknown environmental pollutants and the urgent threat of damaged genetics,
      all abnormal tissue growth and deadly cancer, that we need to be able to
      defend ourselves and family members against right here at home everyday.  It
      is time for Bush to get a strategic medical vision and find a new framework
      for funding comparable to the increased funding he envisions for the limited
      potential future military threats of "random rogue" nations. (Paraphrasing
      Bush's own words this week, in my sarcastic brain tumor survivor run-on
      sentences,  I just keep on keepin on, KOKO, please forgive me)
      For a current evaluation of our battle positions go to Brain Tumor Progress
      Report
      http://osp.nci.nih.gov/Prg_assess/PRG/BTPRG/
      GBYAY Anne McGinnis Breen
      Surviving and thriving after two craniotomies
      (ALWAYS ASK FOR ANNUAL MRI's after any brain treatment, surgery or diagnosis)
      recurrent left sphenoid wing meningioma, behind left eye, two surgeries and a
      three year personally successful clinical trial in between, NCI SWOG 9005,
      Phase III of Mifepristone for recurrent meningioma, first surgery 1986, age
      39, Tucson, Arizona, and second one, January 2000, age 53, Barrow
      Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona
      KOKO! Means Keep on Keepin ON!

    • anne91547@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2001
        Dear all bt Lists friends,
              I am so sorry the Monday night, May 7th Candlelight Vigil email
        address for Laurie Moldenhauer is confusing at best. But keep on keepin on
        sending in your bt survivor and angel names this weekend to her and to me,
        right up until Monday afternoon in Washington DC, I will check my laptop
        email.
        I am not sure, but I do not think you should use any of those little carrot
        marks around it either, like the <<ones>> that show up on Lincoln's recent
        version of her address with the I (eye) . They are some kind of quotation
        computer code I guess.
        In the Beginning, lmtron is supposed to be LMtron.  The lower case l (L)and
        the upper case I (i) look the same in this type font.
        I copied and pasted this directly from her last post to me, it should work
        just like this, the italics came automatically, I do not know why  &:>)
        KOKO!
        lmtron@... (Laurie Moldenhauer)
        and now everything below shows up in italics, mine is
        anne91547@... (Anne McGinnis Breen)

        GBYAY Anne McGinnis Breen
        Surviving and thriving after two craniotomies (ALWAYS GET ANNUAL MRI's)
        recurrent left sphenoid wing meningioma, behind left eye, two surgeries and a
        clinical trial, first surgery 1986, age 39, Tucson, Arizona, and second one,