Post Op Appointment

  • Jodee
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 7:50 AM
      I saw my surgeon today.  They used dissolvable stitches on my head so they did not remove the stitches because they will fall out on their own.  My surgeon is amazed at how well I am doing.  I am supposed to go for a CT in 3 weeks to make sure that the ventricles are the appropriate size in my brain and that there continues to be no hydrocephelus and then back to see him again a couple days later.  His office is supposed to set up those appointments and call me on Monday with the dates/times, etc.  No lifting anything over a gallon of milk for 2 months post op.  No exercise other then walking for 6 months.  They plan on keeping me on dilantin for 3 months and then tapering it off.  I'm already off vicodin for pain, and just taking advil.  I have no memory problems and my pain is better then before surgery since all the pressure is gone from my head from the hydrocephelus.  I can start getting my head wet.  I can gently wash it and pat it dry, so that is cool.  Thats about it for now.  I guess I can drive now cuz the restriction for driving was only 2 weeks.  So all is well and they are amazed at how well I am doing and thats and thats all she wrote :o)

      (\o/)   hugs,
       /_\          ~Jodee~

      It's Going to Be Okay...
       Just Hang in There