Scary Day!

  • Jodee
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2001
      I had my MRI today. They also did a study on my head of fluid flow, etc.
      The doctor at the MRI place panicked and sent me directly to the
      neurological opthamologist. So, I met him but he couldn't do a thorough
      exam without someone there with me because I need a ride home so he can
      dialate my eyes. He did say that my optic nerves in my eyes are swollen
      from all the pressure in my head and that the fluid in my brain has all but
      stopped moving and is trapped in my head with more and more fluid coming in
      so the pressure is increasing all the time. I am to go and see him first
      thing tomorrow at 9am but he gave me back my MRI films to keep for the night
      in case I have to go to emergency to have surgery tonight. He is also
      contacting my gp to get blood work from him. He is going to try and figure
      out why my sed rate is so high for me. Wouldn't that be a trip having a
      neurological opthamologist be the one to diagnose me with lupus? Very
      interesting. He was very nice and he said that my situation is critical
      right now but try and relax and remain calm, etc. etc. yarite!

      (\o/) hugs,
      /_\ ~Jodee~