Follow-up in Finland

  • Patricia Fields
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
      What a great system they have in Finland! I'm also glad to see that
      you made a special note regarding her doing things "with you" not
      on "behalf of you". I am so impressed and also a little jealous!

      Has anyone else had this type of assistance/follow-up either in this
      country or in others? I think we can learn alot from this.
      Obviously, we now know this type of arrangement is possible.

      Also, Anna, does your assistant have any comments or suggestions that
      may help us? How long do you continue to receive this service?

      Thanks for your post, Anna.

      Still patiently awaiting more questionnaires,
      Trisha
    • Anna Hännikäinen
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
        Dear Trisha & All,
        Hopefully some answers follow...
        Anna
        annaraakel@...

        > What a great system they have in Finland! I'm also glad to see
        that
        > you made a special note regarding her doing things "with you" not
        > on "behalf of you". I am so impressed and also a little jealous!
        >
        > Has anyone else had this type of assistance/follow-up either in
        this
        > country or in others? I think we can learn alot from this.
        > Obviously, we now know this type of arrangement is possible.

        I know that at least some European countries have that system/service.
        If you wish to hear details of it, please contact Gunilla Sjövall
        (gunilla.sjovall@...). She's "the mother of the system" in
        Finland (started here in 1988).

        > Also, Anna, does your assistant have any comments or suggestions
        that
        > may help us? How long do you continue to receive this service?

        I've had four assistants so far (I do not think I will need another
        one after one-two years). So I don't actually know, which one to
        ask...Every of them has seen different stages of my recovery.
        You can apply for the service as long as you feel you need someone to
        assist you with daily/personal issues. Of course you must bear in
        mind that it's the city authorities that have the final say (the
        budget!).