Ellen, Dr. Oz Show.

  • Daniel and Jacob D.M. Shattuck
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2009
      Dear Ellen,

      I can not help but get frustrated as I see all these emails come in the last few days. Actually, The number one word that comes to mind is " Anger " For that I apologize in advance. People are trying to be polite, nice, kind. understanding, helpful, Well my life has had way to little of all of that these last ten years. Actually most people, unless in the thick of it, are ignorant about our battle with Brain cancer. I want people to be honest about the loss, all of it, not just the obvious, How about being 41, sick for 10 years, forced to live at parents, because I was fired, due to, " disability to great to perform Job " and how that prevents me from having normal relationship with a women. Think humor for a minute. Did anyone see FAILURE TO LAUNCH. Funny movie, right? Not if you have no option to be independent due to disease. It is prison.  Seeing how my divorce to was related to the same disease, prior to diagnoses, people just thought I was plain
      crazy. I was dieing for answers to what was wrong. Now I spend my days in poverty, without, fighting for things like insurances just to care for myself. While the world expects the same from me, be a Father, Be a Son, Be a friend or Brother. Most make no exception for your disability. It breaks my heart. I do spend my days working on being as positive as I can, but I do it for my Son, not myself.  I am forced to accept fate, and after 10 years I dare not vent, for fear of repeating myself.  Being a survivor of a terminal illness, is like being on death row some days. Each 6 months my mri a new hearing for whether or not my time is up. This is all truth not negativity. I have hope, faith, acceptance, but truth should be told. Take care.
      Daniel Shattuck
      10 years.
      oligo 3.
      temodar.
      surgery.

      Peace.

      PERSONAL INFORMATION.

      :(413)265-3847 PO Box 894, Easthampton, Ma 01027
      :www.poetry.com copyright@2007 Daniel M. Shattuck
      :www.oligodendroglioma@...
      :http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/danielshattuck.
      ::www.hubpages.com Daniel M. Shattuck