FW: [BRAINTMR] epilepsy study

  • Giselle Tejeda
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2008
      Giselle Tejeda> Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 14:37:07 -0600> From: fuze13@...> To: BRAINTMR@...> Subject: [BRAINTMR] epilepsy study> > I have been working with a PhD candidate who is doing her dissertation > on epilepsy. She needs volunteers to help document how temporal lobe > epilepsy (TLE) affects the whole person psychologically, socially, > spiritually, creatively, and intellectually focusing on the positive > strengths and attributes that are sometimes unique to persons with > epilepsy. If you have TLE or have had a temporal lobectomy for TLE and > have an interest in contributing to this project per the premise> that TLE can contribute to heightened creativity, complexity of thought, > and/or the evolution of deeper intellectual insight,> please email your name to me. Note: I will give her your email > address, so she can contact you and potentially do a phone interview > with you.> > Thanks.> > Matthew Fullerton> gbm survivor (dx: 9/87)> Wichita, Kansas> www.virtualtrials.com/survivematt.cfm> > director, The Healing Exchange BRAIN TRUST > Matthew@...> fuze13@...> > > _________________________________________________________________> DISCLAIMER: The BRAINTMR list is intended for informational purposes> only. Information obtained through the BRAINTMR list is not intended, and> should not be used, as any substitute for medical advice obtained from> your personal physician.> _________________________________________________________________> To remove yourself from the BRAINTMR list, go to> http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/braintmr> > For more information or assistance, see> http://www.braintrust.org/braintmr.htm> or contact mailto:braintmr-request@...
    • Trisha W
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2008
        Thank you for the information, Giselle, and congratulations on your SEVEN
        YEAR survivor anniversary of your first brain surgery!

        _____

        edu> Subject: [BRAINTMR] epilepsy study> > I have been working with a PhD
        candidate who is doing her dissertation > on epilepsy. She needs volunteers
        to help document how temporal lobe > epilepsy (TLE) affects the whole person
        psychologically, socially, > spiritually, creatively, and intellectually
        focusing on the positive > strengths and attributes that are sometimes
        unique to persons with > epilepsy. If you have TLE or have had a temporal
        lobectomy for TLE and > have an interest in contributing to this project per
        the premise> that TLE can contribute to heightened creativity, complexity of
        thought, > and/or the evolution of deeper intellectual insight,> please
        email your name to me. Note: I will give her your email > address, so she
        can contact you and potentially do a phone interview > with you.> > Thanks.>
        > Matthew Fullerton> gbm survivor (dx: 9/87)> Wichita, Kansas>
        www.virtualtrials.com/survivematt.cfm> > director, The Healing Exchange
        BRAIN TRUST > Matthew@braintrust. <mailto:Matthew%40braintrust.org> org>
        fuze13@... <mailto:fuze13%40cox.net> > > >
        <mailto:braintmr-request%40mit.edu> mit.edu

      • anne91547@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 2008
          MY Thanks to Giselle for sending this interesting note from Matthew to us at?Trisha's brain surgery group?list

          I wonder if or why having epilepic seizures is a requirement for the study of?changes in thinking in the temporal lobe after compression of the left lobe and surgical removal of tumor twice now?? I think increases in creativity and intellectual visionary thinking might be possible?even without visible seizure activity or disorder? ?And there is also?the interesting research topic of "brain confabulation" a type of rationalization in thinking that apparently can come to light with temporal lobe injury. hehehe?? Sometimes I think I am still normal lol ?

          Hey Matthew, will you please ask her if this is a reasonable request? I'd like to volunteer for her study, I like working with graduate students and have done it a bit here in Tucson at the U of AZ? but I do not have any seizure activity, at least I don't think I do....at least none that has ever been documented by any doctor,?probably partly because I haven't had radiation yet, and maybe because of the effects of the cross dominance of brain function, I have had weakness in my right hand and foot sometimes, but because I am left handed it did not have much impact on my?dominant right temporal lobe and? Matthew you might realize by now,?I am the only one still totally in my right mind.? hehehe?? Matthew do you remember one year at the florida BT conference we were stting together and you were sort of surprised by the way I could easily sing right along with David and almost read David's mind? ?Or his lips ? when he was singing one of his new songs we had never heard before????

          Please give her my email address?? anne91547@aolcom?

          Sending my own real warm fuzzy cyberhugs to all and I really do care about you all

          GBYAY Anne McGinnis Breen
          See my ponytail bouncing and my smiley face winking at you? &;>)
          ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
          Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity.
          ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ?~ ~ ~ ~
          Keep you faith, cherish your reason, treasure your mind and hold to your own good purpose...be not afraid!

          Thank you for the information, Giselle, and congratulations on your SEVEN
          YEAR survivor anniversary of your first brain surgery!

          _____

          edu> Subject: [BRAINTMR] epilepsy study> > I have been working with a PhD
          candidate who is doing her dissertation > on epilepsy. She needs volunteers
          to help document how temporal lobe > epilepsy (TLE) affects the whole person
          psychologically, socially, > spiritually, creatively, and intellectually
          focusing on the positive > strengths and attributes that are sometimes
          unique to persons with > epilepsy. If you have TLE or have had a temporal
          lobectomy for TLE and > have an interest in contributing to this project per
          the premise> that TLE can contribute to heightened creativity, complexity of
          thought, > and/or the evolution of deeper intellectual insight,> please
          email your name to me. Note: I will give her your email > address, so she
          can contact you and potentially do a phone interview > with you.> > Thanks.>
          > Matthew Fullerton> gbm survivor (dx: 9/87)> Wichita, Kansas>
          www.virtualtrials.com/survivematt.cfm> > director, The Healing Exchange
          BRAIN TRUST > Matthew@braintrust. <mailto:Matthew%40braintrust.org> org>
          fuze13@... <mailto:fuze13%40cox.net> > > >
          <mailto:braintmr-request%40mit.edu> mit.edu

          ------------------------------------

          The BrainSurgery@Yahoo website is not a substitute for medical advice: THIS
          WEBSITE IS NOT DESIGNED TO, AND DOES NOT, PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. All content,
          including text, graphics, images, and information, available on or through this
          Web site ("content") are for general informational and support purposes only.
          The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice,
          diagnosis or treatment. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, OR DELAY IN
          SEEKING IT, BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS WEB SITE. NEVER RELY ON
          INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IN PLACE OF SEEKING PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE.

          Community email addresses:
          Post message: BrainSurgery@...
          List moderator: Trisha4080@...
          Yahoo! Groups Links