Looking For Reccomedations for Neuro-Oncologist in Los Angeles / So. Cal

  • Heather
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30 9:44 AM
      Hi,

      I am new to this group and looking for any referrals of a neuro-
      oncologist in the Los Angeles / Southern California area. My mother
      was diagnosed with a brain tumor last week and had emergency surgery to
      remove the tumor since it was causing fluid accumulation. This was
      done in Dallas where she is currently living but the rest of our family
      is in the Los Angeles area and we would like her to continue any
      further treatment in LA. She is recovering slowly from surgery and we
      are still waiting for the pathology reports back but have been told she
      is likely to need further radiation since they were unable to remove
      all of the tumor.

      Thank you for your help.

      Heather
    • trisha4080
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2007
        Heather,

        I do apologize for the delay in your message being posted – personal issues
        at home have prevented me from attending to the site as I would have liked
        to.

        To view a list of brain tumor centers in your area (and national/
        international, as well) go to: http://virtualtrials.com/btcenters.cfm

        The virtual trials website has much information you may find useful. Please
        take the time to check out all it has to offer. Another place I recommend
        you look for information is our website LINKS section. Whenever I come
        across a website (or have one recommended by a member), it is posted here.

        I hope your mother is healing and progressing well. If you find yourself in
        need of additional information or support, please let us know.

        First posts by new members are moderated, so there was a delay in posting
        your message. This moderation is necessary due to a high volume of spam
        (you wouldn’t believe the amount and content of mail we receive!) and I am
        able to delete these messages before they are sent to the group by
        moderating first time posts. Your emails will now go directly to the group
        and will not be moderated so you will be able to post more quickly.

        All my best to you and your family,

        Trisha

        Trisha Williams, R.N.

        BrainSurgery@Yahoo Group Founder/Moderator

        4.8 cm meningioma left frontal/parietal/temporal lobes resected 5/3/99

        CHECK OUT OUR BRAIN TUMOR PATIENT SUPPORT WEBSITE AT:

        CHECK OUT OUR BRAINGELS FUNDRAISING WEBSITE AT:

        <http://www.braingels.photosite.com/> http://www.braingels.photosite.com

        2007 ALL PROFITS donated to Florida Brain Tumor Association, a 501(c)(3)
        organization dedicated to the support and education of brain tumor patients
        and their families

        _____