Re: Facial pain?

  • bill
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      Hi Jessica,

      My name is Bill. in 1985 (it hardly seems that long ago) I had 2
      shunt operations to drain an arachnoid cyst (in the 3 ventricle).

      I live with a chronic Headache which I have found is best controlled
      with a diet rich in fruits (5 servings a day) and vegetables (5-6
      servings a day), a habit I picked up 5 years prior to my surgeries
      when I went on one of those "once in a lifetime" diets and lost 60
      lbs. While the headache never really goes away, the anti oxidents
      tend to dull its effects. Without my usual intake of anti oxidents I
      really awful.

      As for pain around my incision, I have 2 terrific scars on my head.
      Fortunately, while no hair has grown where the doctors cut, enough
      remained that it covers any hint that I have had surgery. (Worse, any
      gray I had, is long gone. I turned 56 yesterday. The waitress at the
      place we went to last night thought I was 34.) At any rate, and thank
      goodness this has only happened a few times, I have bumped my head
      right on the point of on of the incisions sending a terrific pain
      right through by whole body - like a spike. If I rub the top of my
      head I will feel where incisions were, but not to the point of
      creating excessive pain. Of course theworse part is that since I
      never complain, no one suspects how I feel.

      Something else you may want to start doing is taking a Vitamin E pill
      (1000 IU). I take one every other day. But that is something you
      should touch base with either your neurologist or regular doctor.

      Good luk. And keep us informed how things work out.

      Bill