Need a recommendation

  • Jeanie Christensen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30 12:47 PM
      My mom and I are doing a fund raiser with The Pampered Chef for brain cancer research, and I need some recommendations on the best Brain Cancer organization to give the donations to. I need them by tomorrow (Tuesday) so I can submit all of the info.

      Thanks everyone
      Jeanie

      Jeanie Christensen
      Happily Married with 4 youngsters
      surgery June 19 '06 ~ dx'd Anaplastic Oligo grade 3
      1/2 a pop can size of my brain removed
      Radiation Therapy Aug.- Sept. '06 ~ No chemo for now
      Nov. 16 '06 bone flap infection ~ removal surgery & 15 days in hospital
      Jan. 22 surgery to put artificial bone in ~ Doing great! :)
      http://braincancerdepression.blogspot.com

    • Patricia Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2007
        I have been away from my computer and hope this info reaches you in time.

        I suggest the following organizations:

        Florida Brain Tumor Association (provides excellent conferences for patients
        and families as well as support programs in local area) www.fbta.info
        <http://www.fbta.info/>

        American Brain Tumor Association (great resource of information, excellent
        conferences, support services) www.abta.org <http://www.abta.org/>

        Musella Foundation (excellent site for community resources and treatments
        available) www.virtualtrials.org <http://www.virtualtrials.org/>

        These are just a few. I believe it is important to look at HOW THE MONEY IS
        USED BY THE ORGANIZATION. There are organizations out there who do not
        utilize the monies in ways you may feel willing to support. Be careful to
        know how the money is actually spent and what the organization actually does
        for the bt community. Visit http://www.guidestar.org
        <http://www.guidestar.org/> and you can register for free and view reports
        of nonprofit organizations to see exactly how they use the money and how
        much they receive, etc.

        Congratulations on a wonderful idea and for helping to raise money for our
        common cause. Way to go!

        Good luck and all my best,

        Trisha

        Trisha Williams, R.N.

        Brain Tumor Survivor

        Braingels Project Inc: A Jewelry Fundraiser

        CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT:

        <http://www.braingels.photosite.com/> http://www.braingels.photosite.com

        ALL PROFITS donated to 501(c)(3) organizations dedicated to the support and
        education of brain tumor patients and their families

        _____

        My mom and I are doing a fund raiser with The Pampered Chef for brain cancer
        research, and I need some recommendations on the best Brain Cancer
        organization to give the donations to. I need them by tomorrow (Tuesday) so
        I can submit all of the info.

        Thanks everyone
        Jeanie

        Jeanie Christensen
        Happily Married with 4 youngsters
        surgery June 19 '06 ~ dx'd Anaplastic Oligo grade 3
        1/2 a pop can size of my brain removed
        Radiation Therapy Aug.- Sept. '06 ~ No chemo for now
        Nov. 16 '06 bone flap infection ~ removal surgery & 15 days in hospital
        Jan. 22 surgery to put artificial bone in ~ Doing great! :)
        http://braincancerd <http://braincancerdepression.blogspot.com>
        epression.blogspot.com