Heavens Called Lastnight

  • Tammy & Mark Labit
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      Hello Groups,
      It is with a heavy heart, that I tell you all that my dad ( Denman Armstrong Sr. ) Passed away lastnight at 10:40 p.m. My heart is breaking, but I know deep down inside, he is where he wants to be. He's told me many of times before the sickness took over his body as well as his brain. That he wants to be in Heaven with my Mom and 2 brothers. And now he is resting peacefully. Friday evening something told me to go see my dad that day, and for some reason, I also took my camera. So I got pictures of him Friday and even one of us together. Wich is the first picture of us together ever. I am useally behind the camera, not in front. I could tell he was weak friday, but he knew what I was saying and knew I was there. Well when I got home I couldn't keep awake. Useally I am an up all nighter. But I fell asleep at 5pm and woke up at 9pm Friday night, I got up and my lil girl wanted a snack, then out of nowhere, she came to me crying that she missed her mawmaw ( my mom who died Sept 2004 ) and she was justing a bawling away . I found it weird, that after all this time, why now is it hitting her? I calmned her down and I layed back down at 10:30pm and slept all night Friday night. Wich like I said, is unuseall for me, cause I stay up al night. Well 6:am or so, saturday morning the phone rang and it was the nursing home, saying my dad didn't look well, his Temp was rising. pulse and blood pressure droping. It took me 10 minutes to get there., wich useally takes me 25 mins. I got there and they told me he was fading fast, that he would not make it throught the night. He was bad off, but when all 7 nurses told him that his daughter Tammy was here, I called to him and said ( Dad, don't worry, I'm right here, it's ok now. You know you can't get rid of me that easlily. ) And he opened his eyes and looked straight at me. I sat with him, and told him that everything was ok, he has nothing to worry about, me and my girls are fine ( he always worried bout me and my girls ) I told him to just relax and rest, that mom is waiting for him with a hot cup of coffee. That it's time for him to go and be happy, so he can be with my mom and 2 brothers and watch over us at the same time now. He closed his eyes and never awoke since then. I stayed with him all day and night. I made sure it was me who sat by his side, and late lastnight, his breath slowed and calmed to almost a hault, I grabbed his arm and held him with all my might. And I watched him take his last breaths on earth. He went peacefully in his sleep. I love him so much and will miss him dearly, more than words can ever say. But he is better off now, no more suffering & pain. He's had a tough life and now he gets to rest forever...Thanks everyone for being here with me through this all. I can honeslty say, I wouldn't have made it or knew what to expsect if I hadn't found you all. Ya'll help me to know what to expsect, what to feel, what to do. I now know things I never knew. And I have you ALL to thank for it. And made alot of friends from it...I will try to keep posting or reading. It won't be for awhile. My heart is breaking into a million pieces right now. So Thank You All...Tammy ( StOrMy_ChOaS ) Father diagnosed July 29 th 2004- Passed April 30th 2005